Druid - High Mobility/Buff/Support
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This is a support druid designed to buff squad dps, provide healing and use it's high mobility for special situations such as covering green circles during the Vale Guardian fight.
The idea is to get into Avatar form as often as possible to provide Grace of the Land buffs and healing as often as possible. This, on pet swap and on weapon swap procs plus other buffs should provide an overall DPS increase for the squad that surpasses any DPS the Druid could contribute on it's own and this is before taking into consideration the druid's contribution to the raid in the form of healing and, when needed, circle coverage or other duties that require high mobility.
Note: The dual Staffs listed below are not an accident. Please see "Mobility Tricks" under the usage portion of this build for details.
|First Weapon Set
||Second Weapon Set
- Replace each Sigil of Renewal with Sigil of Transference if they are within your budget but knowing what to do with this build is far more important than gear. If you don't play it well then there is no equipment in the world that will make you any better.
Optional: Magi's gear is fine if you can't afford Zealot's. Exotics will do, if you play your role well. Ascended gear will never make up for poor performance. Superior Rune of the Water can be used if you are still working to get the tears from AC that you'll need for Monk's.
Duties: Your job is to support and react as needed. Therefore you are working on a priority system, not a rotation. Your priorities are:
- Keep your team alive.
- In the Vale Guardian fight, handle green circles.
- Generate Astral Force as quickly as possible.
- Get into Avatar as often as possible, healing your team members and consequently keeping
NOTE: In the Vale Guardian fight a conflict does exist between your duties to be in Avatar form and being able to maintain your high mobility for circle duty (See the Mobility Tricks section below.). Missing a green circle is a wipe, so this has to be your top priority. You might need to exit Avatar early in order to get to a far off circle. Just do it and get back into avatar when you can.
AF Generation: Without AF you cannot heal anyone. Not melee, not range, not anyone. Therefore, you have to make generating AF a high priority at all times.
- The first thing to keep in mind when it comes to AF Generation is that AF is generated at a rate of 1.5% of heals but only 0.75% of damage dealt. Therefore, doing AoE healing to many people is going to be the absolute fastest way to generate AF. Doing AoE DPS will be second, single target heals comes in third and single target DPS is a very distant last place. The Vale Guardian fight is all single target so if you want to have any hope of generating AF you're going to need to be looking to heal as many people as you can, as quickly as you can. Lastly, reviving downed players is also a great way to generate AF, but not one you want to have to use too often.
- The second thing to remember is that you can't heal people who are at full health. No, you don't get any AF for using heal skills on people who don't need to be healed.
- The third thing to remember is that you can rack up a lot more healing by using a skill in a crowd than you can by trying to heal people one at a time.
All things considered, the fastest way you're going to generate AF is by healing a group of people, and the most densely packed group you can find is in melee.
has been specifically chosen because Seed of Life is a great way to generate AF if it's dropped in a crowd of people who are standing still. You can run or dodge into melee, drop
at everyone's feet and get out of melee in moments. Note that both of these have a 16 second cool down as traited so you're going to be dashing in and out of melee a lot. Another way to generate a lot of AF is going to be to use your F2 as often as possible since
will heal each person within a 300 radii for 2,580 while in much the same way
will also heal 5 allies within a radius of 300, this time for 1,227 each. Once again, reviving others is a fast way to generate AF and
will make that happen even faster... as well as get your team mates up ASAP.
There's another conflict that you have to deal with and that's the fact that you're going to need to be getting into melee every 16-20 seconds while, at least in the Vale Guardian fight, getting to every green circle regardless of how far from melee it may be.
has been specifically chosen to be paired with the dual staff weapon set for just this sort of mobility. Just before using
you'll want to swap weapons. This will trigger
and allow your
to come right back off of cool down, allowing you to use it twice in a very short time period.
can be triggered every 9 seconds. There are two main ways to use this in the Vale Guardian fight. First is to simply swap before using
to get to a far off green circle in a way that allows you to have
available again as soon as possible. The other is to swap weapons before using
to get into melee so that you can drop your glyphs and yet still be able to cross the entire width of the zone if the green circle appears far away while you're in melee. There are many other possible ways to use
but since this build is largely about extremely high mobility, this should be it's primary use in this particular role.
Buffs (other than healing):
- You will want to try to stay within 600 of melee as much as you can because of
- And the most important buff of them all has to be
A Couple Last Tips:
- Remember that Quick DrawCombat only. Upon swapping weapons, your next ranger weapon skill used has 66% reduced recharge. This trait has a 9 second internal cooldown.
- The second thing you should do when getting into avatar form is to cast
- When in avatar, you can use your weapon skills to heal those far from you and your utilities to heal those near you. This will allow you to get
- One raid session showed that two druids running builds that are only slightly more DPS oriented than this one were able to tag-team in a way that caused all buffs, including
- If you are the only druid then be sure you are in your own group line of your squad. If anyone is in the group with you then they will get priority on all of your healing and buffs rather than having them go to the people closest to you and/or your pet.