Berserker - Burstzerker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Burstzerker provides massive AoE spike damage from and potent downstate control through various high damage cleave skills.
First Weapon Set
- will lower your burst damage in exchange for an incredible sustain option. Use this if party support is an issue or enemies have high pressure.
- for quick might stacking and fury access. Fits well with Tactics variant
- If spending a lot of time at range and for adrenaline generation.
- feast option with additional damage reduction.
- Marauder provides a better spread of stats and helps keep you alive with Strength equipped, but Berserker's may be used in its place for higher damage at a higher risk.
- and are viable options to manage critical chance.
- Focus on making the best use of by landing as many , and on melee, as possible.
- While in Berserker form, you can swap to GS, land your high priority skills and swap back in time to Scorched Earth again with minimal loss, but do not linger any longer than the time needed for 1 or 2 or you are wasting valuable usage.
- GS is used generally, through its weapon skills, to gain large amounts of adrenaline and to provide cleave outside of Arc Divider, as Longbow skills might be weaker on melee.
- This build doesn't generate adrenaline reliably with weapon skills, mainly the Longbow ones as they are all projectiles. That means the following abilities are important sources of adrenaline availability to use Primal Bursts.
- will provide full adrenaline (30), enough to trigger and/or to use a Primal Burst right after.
- Try to be on top of enemies when going into , to deal damage and get 3 stacks of , since you lose a lot of DPS potential if building it up through Primal Bursts.
- Due to , upon entering mode, you briefly get Quickness and Superspeed.
- Use that frame to land or ⇒ (reset with ) ⇒ or .
- Your dodges deal damage and give Might thanks to . Very useful when pushing through or trading sides with the enemy group.
- You naturally output a lot of Might due to , which also means it often gets corrupted. Weakness and Blind are the worst conditions for this build as they significantly soft your DPS. Thefore, try to push and stay within range of support, for cleansing and boons.
- Also, this build overall lacks condition clear and passive survival tools, so another reason to stick near your supports.
- removes Immobilize when using a movement skill - list of movement skills in the build:
- and .
- should be used as stunbreak and not preemptively unless absolutely necessary. Besides the pulsing Stability, it also denies a lot of direct damage, because you are immune to critical hits.
- as noted above, will be spammed off cooldown for massive spike damage. Be mindful it increases the radius every spin, so there's no need to sit on top of enemies all the time. Also, don't be afraid to interrupt the channel if you need to dodge, or use another skill.
- won't see much use, because, once out of cooldowns, you should swap weapon sets. Still, it's decent for cleave and to fill downtime.
- is situational. You stand still during channel, which means hitting CC'ed, movement impaired and downed foes is the ideal setup for this ability. However, you could still go for it anytime and still make good use, as long as the animation is canceled once enemies leave the AoE.
- Try to use before for maximum DPS and also to refill adrenaline.
- deals substantial damage and an evade frame. Should NOT be used only for its mobility function.
- Use for filler damage.
- will be used mostly for repositioning or gap closing, fastly covering a large distance. Also usable for good single target damage.
- Don't have any foe targeted if using it for mobility.
- deals big single target damage and resets everytime it hits. Also, reaches a significant distance compared to the other Axe skills. Cast it offcooldown, whenever you go into Axe/Axe or have an adrenaline surplus and weapon swap isn't available yet.
- and will be filler skills, Axe auto attacks don't do much damage outside of the 3rd hit and you shouldn't be waiting for its channel, unless cleaving. is mostly situational and will barely see use, other than finalizing low targets.
- provides a very strong sustained damage for its duration. Amazing skill for chasing, since you can move, and for cleaving, as it also disrupt potential handrezzes. Even if you have to be on top of the enemy to target cap, try to not to interrupt, unless necessary, or get interrupted during the channel as it's a large part of your damage outside of Arc.
- Try to use before or as it stacks some Vulnerability and grants Fury, which this build doesn't have much access to. Outside of that, use normally for damage.
- Aside from being another big damage skill, grants 3s of Quickness. Always look for following it up with an or a to benefit from the faster cast time.
- Start in combat
- Weapon Swap
- Weapon Swap
- From here, if you have received any Alacrity during this burst, you will be able to add the following step before Berserk ends ⇒ .
- Fill downtime with auto attacks
- In the heat of WvW, with dodge rolls and CC, you may find it impossible to complete this rotation 100% of the time. Your priority is using as many Arc Dividers as possible at close range.
- YouTube: [LAYS] Grog