Chronomancer - Grayklay Epic Mesmer Build
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Use the pistol for the CC and the strong ranged DPS phantasm.
Since the shield phantasm does very low damage, only use this if you are sure that the alacrity it provides for your group will make up for your personal damage loss.
- for group heal and more alacrity.
- for short fights when casting phantasm is a waste of time. It's a personal DPS boost with the trait .
- for skipping something.
- provides a lot of alacrity for your group. Loses a bit of its effectiveness if your party contains revenants or thieves as their class mechanic does not allow them a DPS increase with alacrity.
- is like a small that will increase your group DPS and provides 2 seconds of alacrity with the trait.
- is a 3 second blur for your whole group you can use if your group has trouble surviving. Provides 2 seconds of alacrity with the trait.
- if reflect is needed. Consider traiting the Inspiration traitline to provide more reflect if necessary.
- group condition cleanse and boon stripping. Suited for boon heavy or condition heavy encounters (i.e. dredges).
- to immediately recharge the next utility skill you use. You should use this skill to double one of your wells. Very useful for double or double . You need to use then use the skill you want to use twice. For you need to use just before opening the . It is also useful for a double if your party lacks reflect uptime.
- to increase mobility and ease skipping.
- to allow creative use of mechanics. See the Portal section below for further details.
- spreads the boons you have to rest of your party and as such helps achieve a desired amount of Fury, Might and Quickness. However, if your team can not achieve a medium amount of might on its own (<5 Might), you should reconsider the cost of the utility slot. Also you can just take to have the signet active when you cast a phantasm.
- Good damage output and low recharge. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the trait for each mantra charge you use.
- group stability and an extra stunbreak. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the trait for each mantra charge you use.
- group condition cleanse suited best for short fights. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the trait for each mantra charge you use.
- for damage heavy encounters such as level 50 fractals. It's usually not used though as it takes the place of one of your phantasms.
- paired with for an on demand Distortion for tough encounters. Usually not needed as Mesmer has many way to avoid taking damage. When using the Reflect Variant, you get an AoE Distortion when using this skill, which can replace a Guardian's Aegis.
- use only when your group struggles with breaking Breakbars.
DPS Main Build
- Use in short fights or while using a shield. Only use this with full berserker gear.
- Use if you want to shatter more often.
Substitute Illusions with Dueling in short fights or replace Illusions with Dominitation if you need vigor or fury.
Substitute Illusions, Dueling or Domination with Inspiration if you need more reflect.
- Use for an additional reflect while resurrecting allies.
- If you want to play with trait you should only wear Berserker's gear or you will reach more than 100% critical chance with fury.
- to maximize you personal damge and when the fight is very short or you have no wells or equipped. Especially recommended for high-level fractals, when you have to use you utility skills for reflect, condition removal etc. and dungeons where the fights are so short, that you don't need to increase your quickness uptime.
- for even more quickness uptime, especially in raids.
- for more reflect damage.
- for The Ruined City of Arah.
- for Caudecus's Manor and Cliffside.
- for Honor of the Waves.
- in night time dungeons.
- Note: It may benefit you to keep a separate weapon for each variant in your inventory as swapping sigils over time can become expensive.