Chronomancer - Utility Boon Support
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Food/Potions
- 6 Usage
- 7 Encounter-specific Tips
- This build provides 100% Quickness and Alacrity uptime for one subgroup or party, significantly increasing group damage, support, and healing output. It also brings extremely strong defensive utility from , helps with uptime of boons like Fury, Vigor, Stability, Retaliation, etc via, can strip boons easily, and has an abundance of damage-avoiding skills, making it a strong tank.
- 2 support chronomancers are standard in most 10-player squads to provide all players with boons, though combinations of other classes can replace them.
- In low-pressure fights, this build should be used to tank, with just enough additional toughness to take boss aggro where that mechanic applies. For tanking higher-pressure fights, variants are covered in Chronomancer - Minstrels Tank.
Useful in situations with a lot of adds, allowing them to be pulled in so they can be cleaved down faster.
- Signet Passive: Gain health every few seconds, based on the number of active illusions you control.
Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.
- Well. Creates a well that steals memories from foes, damaging and chilling them. When it expires it restores memories to allies, speeding their skill recharge.
- Well. Creates a well that steals memories from foes, damaging and chilling them. When it expires it restores memories to allies, speeding their skill recharge.Well. Creates a well that gives allies the ability to see the future and allows them to evade all incoming attacks. When the well ends, allies within the well regain endurance.
- Well. Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, knocking down, floating, and pulling foes caught in its event horizon. When it expires, foes still inside the well take heavy damage.
- Glamour. Create an area that warps time, granting you and your allies quickness while slowing enemies.Well. Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, knocking down, floating, and pulling foes caught in its event horizon. When it expires, foes still inside the well take heavy damage.
- The combination of ,andmakes this build able to frequently share invulnerability with the group, and it has the most forgiving rotation to keep up Quickness. If you are new to chronomancer it is recommended you begin learning with this variant as it is the most versatile and the most commonly used option.
- can be used if you find yourself often reviving
- should be used if you are taking a Focus to control adds with
- can be used overfor more DPS, but this should only be done if you are familiar with the rotation and the encounter, as losing alacrity as the chronomancer has a ripple effect through the entire squad's boon uptime.
- Replace Domination with Illusions for more alacrity and higher personal damage. The lower cooldown on shatterskills is very useful for sloth and the higher alacrity uptime whenever you use Well. Creates a well that steals memories from foes, damaging and chilling them. When it expires it restores memories to allies, speeding their skill recharge.
- Replace Domination with Chaos in order to provide group Stability from and.
- In short fights, replace Domination with Dueling and Inspiration with Illusions and take for extremely high personal DPS at the expense of quickness padding and defensive utility.
- Use overwith this setup for more DPS, as you should have permanent Alacrity in fights where this is useful.
EquipmentThere are many variations of gear for chronomancer and some of them can be difficult to acquire, however they all share a common goal in their stat choices which is to reach as close as possible to 100% boon duration (or quickness duration in the case of the Firebrand rune set) while under the effect of
- If additional toughness is required in encounters with toughness-based aggro you can replace one ring with knight's stats, or use
- is a better choice if you are using full +5 stat infusions
UsageKeeping up quickness boils down to using these skills at least once every 30 seconds before alacrity. That's every 22,6 seconds after alacrity and these skills give you 24 seconds of quickness total and therefore permanent quickness. Make sure to weaponswap before starting the rotation to proc your
- A phantasm to proc an additional
- You don't need for permanent quickness.
- You can use it as part of your quickness rotation for more leeway and more alacrity whenever it is off cooldown.
- If you're playing the Illusions traitline and use Continuum Split as part of your quickness rotation, you will have a 2 second downtime of quickness just before you can start your next Continuum Split. You can avoid this gap by doing another mid Continuum Split quickness rotation before using Continuum Split.
- If your group is struggling with breakbars you can also spare it to use on a lower cooldown.
Illusions vs Domination
- Illusions gives you more alacrity through , allowing you to keep up more damage phantasms, while Domination makes it easier to keep up quickness with the lower signet cooldown from.
- When playing Domination your has a lower cooldown. This also affects the signet proc when casting a phantasm. It's possible to use it together with Well of Action on their 25 second cooldown to get more leeway. Don't forget to also useLaunch a wave of temporal energy that damages and stops enemies it passes through and buffs allies. The wave then returns to you. Touching the returning wave reduces the recharge of this skill.
- Cast at least two new phantasms after each shatter so that they can benefit from the next time you shatter.
- If possible, try to use your elite skill only during . This effectively decreases the cooldown of your elite to the cooldown of.
- You can use your wells again if they come off cooldown and will be recharged before your next .
- If you happen to be on the wrong weaponset (shield) when your F5 comes off cooldown , you can usedirectly after Timewarp and swap weapons immedeately to proc your sigil. After the short break when Continuum Split ended swap back to shield and do the second part of the rotation.
- Don't start using your quickness skills before you enter combat as entering combat will remove all boons on your team.
- Use to mitigate damage instead of dodging or as damage increase on cooldown.
- Avoid using as the clone it generates will override one of your phantasms (assuming you have 3).
- Use to pull up to 5 enemies and allow your team to cleave them down at the same time.
- Don't forget you will be ported back to the position where you started when it ends, so always use it with caution.
- You have boon strip on the third skill of your AA chain . You can increase your boon stripping abilities by replacing a phantasm with a simple sword clone, which uses the sword AA including the boonstrip.
- Easily accessible CCs:
- (6-10 hits)
- (1-4 hits)
- Other CCs:
- is a weak CC and is better used for pulling mobs into the boss.
- is a very weak CC, but available if needed.
- Uphold a sword clone in the Split Phase to help with boon removal.
- If you choose to play with a Focus use to help with Seeker Control.
- You can use share Distortion (F4 or signet proc with Domination traitline) whenever a green field goes up with not enough people in it.
- Feel free to bring for some reflects. Condition remove,and Can't find such skill "Portal"! Please refer to our skill index. can be used for more mobility.
- Use when Gorsevals reached the wall to pull the adds. Wait till the adds are close enough before you pull. The pull works best if you place the curtain just behind his hitbox.
- Use andon the Souls.
- You can use share Distortion (F4 or signet proc with Domination traitline) whenever a your group stands in a dark field at breakbar phase to avoid damage.
- Use your focus pull to cleave down multiple bandits at once.
- Use to pull the Bandits to Sabetha when she does her Flamewall.
- You might need to abort Continuum Shift when you have to throw a bomb.
- Use to pull some sublings but always make sure you don't pull a player who just transformed into a slubling.
- You can use without the pull (or delay the pull) to provide some more reflect.
- When placing Feedback keep in mind where your group will stand in the next few seconds. When you're about to move don't place it on your current position.
- You can stand in Slothasor and use your Distorton Shatter to negate all spores when he starts shaking. With the cooldown reduction from the Illusion traitline and enough alacrity your shatter will be available everytime he uses the attack.
Rescue Pact Leader
- Use your Focus to pull mobs together and use reflect to prevent damage.
- Be careful with your reflects! If you reflect his slam attack Matthias will get a damage buff for each projectile you reflected.
- You should only use your Feedback to break Matthias Bloodstone Shield.
- Don't forget that your Distorton Shatter also works as a reflect!
Stronghold of the Faithful
- If your team is okay with you not giving quickness in order to make sure you can reliably solo the skip part, you can bring,
- Make sure to have your quickness skills ready for the burn phase!
- With a traited focus you can pull the first and the last orb during orb pushing phase.
- If you're tanking you can use your
- Use your Focus to pull mobs together
- You can use your Focus to pull orbs. Make sure to pull the last orb to make sure you're not pulling more than one orb.