Chronomancer - Utility Boon Support
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Consumables
- 6 Usage
- 7 Encounter-specific Tips
- This build provides 100% Quickness and Alacrity uptime for one subgroup or party, significantly increasing group damage, support, and healing output. It also brings extremely strong defensive utility from , helps with uptime of boons like Fury, Vigor, Stability, Retaliation, etc via, can strip boons easily, and has an abundance of damage-avoiding skills, making it a strong tank.
- 2 support chronomancers are standard in most 10-player squads to provide all players with boons, though combinations of other classes can replace them.
- In low-pressure fights, this build should be used to tank, with just enough additional toughness to take boss aggro where that mechanic applies. For tanking higher-pressure fights, variants are covered in Chronomancer - Minstrels Tank.
Useful in situations with a lot of adds, allowing them to be pulled in so they can be cleaved down faster.
- Signet Passive: Gain health every few seconds, based on the number of active illusions you control.
Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.
- Well. Creates a well that steals memories from foes, damaging and chilling them. When it expires it restores memories to allies, speeding their skill recharge.
- Well. Creates a well that steals memories from foes, damaging and chilling them. When it expires it restores memories to allies, speeding their skill recharge.Well. Creates a well that gives allies the ability to see the future and allows them to evade all incoming attacks. When the well ends, allies within the well regain endurance.
- Well. Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, knocking down, floating, and pulling foes caught in its event horizon. When it expires, foes still inside the well take heavy damage.
- Glamour. Create an area that warps time, granting you and your allies quickness while slowing enemies.Well. Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, knocking down, floating, and pulling foes caught in its event horizon. When it expires, foes still inside the well take heavy damage.
- The combination of ,andmakes this build able to frequently share aegis with the group, and it has the most forgiving rotation to keep up Quickness and Alacrity. If you are new to chronomancer it is recommended you begin learning with this variant as it is the most versatile and the most commonly used option.
- can be used if you find yourself often reviving
- should be used if you are taking a Focus to control adds with
- Replace Domination with Illusions for higher personal damage and a lower cooldown on in encounters where it is imporant to use with skills like. Useoverwith this variant.
- Replace Domination with Chaos in order to provide group Stability from and.
- In short fights, replace Domination with Dueling and Inspiration with Illusions and take for extremely high personal DPS at the expense of boon padding and defensive utility. Useoverwith this variant.
EquipmentThere are many variations of gear for chronomancer and some of them can be difficult to acquire, however they all share a common goal in their stat choices which is to reach as close as possible to 100% boon duration while under the effect of
- 6xSuperior Rune of Leadership18xMighty +5 Agony Infusion
- If additional toughness is required in encounters with toughness-based aggro you can replace one ring with knight's stats, or use
- can be replaced withto allow for an easy source of quickness to share within your opening rotation.
- is a better choice if you are using full +5 stat infusions
UsageWith Domination/Inspiration, all that is require to maintain permanent quickness and alacrity is to make sure you gain benefits from the following skills while at 100% boon duration, simply casting them on cooldown without needing the use of
- A phantasm to proc an additional
- For other rotations to suit other trait setups see these videos:
- You don't need for permanent quickness with the domination/inspiration trait setup.
- You can use it as part of your quickness rotation for more leeway and more alacrity whenever it is off cooldown.
- If your group is struggling with breakbars you can also spare it to use on a lower cooldown.
- If possible, try to use your elite skill only during . This effectively decreases the cooldown of your elite to the cooldown of.
- You can use your wells again if they come off cooldown and will be recharged before your next .
- If you happen to be on the wrong weaponset (shield) when your F5 comes off cooldown , you can usedirectly after Timewarp and swap weapons immedeately to proc your sigil. After the short break when Continuum Split ended swap back to shield and do the second part of the rotation.
- Don't start using your quickness skills before you enter combat as entering combat will remove all boons on your team.
- Unless you will be entering soon you can shatter your clones withfor extra damage.is worth using to generate a clone for shattering if you don't have 3 already.
- Use to mitigate damage instead of dodging or as damage increase on cooldown.
- Use to pull up to 5 enemies and allow your team to cleave them down at the same time.
- Don't forget you will be ported back to the position where you started when it ends, so always use it with caution.
- You have boon strip on the third skill of your AA chain . You can increase your boon stripping abilities by maintaining sword clones rather than shattering them, which use the sword AA including the boonstrip.
- If you don't need healing make sure to use to cast extra phantasms for more damage.
- Easily accessible CCs:
- (6-10 hits)
- (1-4 hits)
- Other CCs:
- is a weak CC and is better used for pulling mobs into the boss.
- is a very weak CC, but available if needed.
- Uphold a sword clone in the Split Phase to help with boon removal.
- If you choose to play with a Focus use to help with Seeker Control.
- You can use share Distortion (F4 or signet proc with Domination traitline) whenever a green field goes up with not enough people in it.
- Feel free to bring for some reflects. Condition remove,and Can't find such skill "Portal"! Please refer to our skill index. can be used for more mobility.
- Use when Gorsevals reached the wall to pull the adds. Wait till the adds are close enough before you pull. The pull works best if you place the curtain just behind his hitbox.
- Use andon the Souls.
- You can use share Distortion (F4 or signet proc with Domination traitline) whenever a your group stands in a dark field at breakbar phase to avoid damage.
- Use your focus pull to cleave down multiple bandits at once.
- Use to pull the Bandits to Sabetha when she does her Flamewall.
- You might need to abort Continuum Shift when you have to throw a bomb.
- Use to pull some sublings but always make sure you don't pull a player who just transformed into a slubling.
- You can use without the pull (or delay the pull) to provide some more reflect.
- When placing Feedback keep in mind where your group will stand in the next few seconds. When you're about to move don't place it on your current position.
- You can stand in Slothasor and use your Distorton Shatter to negate all spores when he starts shaking. With the cooldown reduction from the Illusion traitline and enough alacrity your shatter will be available everytime he uses the attack.
Rescue Pact Leader
- Use your Focus to pull mobs together and use reflect to prevent damage.
- Be careful with your reflects! If you reflect his slam attack Matthias will get a damage buff for each projectile you reflected.
- You should only use your Feedback to break Matthias Bloodstone Shield.
- Don't forget that your Distorton Shatter also works as a reflect!
Stronghold of the Faithful
- If your team is okay with you not giving quickness in order to make sure you can reliably solo the skip part, you can bring,
- Make sure to have your quickness skills ready for the burn phase!
- With a traited focus you can pull the first and the last orb during orb pushing phase.
- If you're tanking you can use your
- Use your Focus to pull mobs together
- You can use your Focus to pull orbs. Make sure to pull the last orb to make sure you're not pulling more than one orb.