Chronomancer - Utility DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build provides great group support while maintaining as much personal damage as possible. While the basic build drastically increases the groups damage output, it allows a lot of modifications to adapt to every situation and provide more defensive utilities for the group if necessary. You can play this build effectively in dungeons and fractals
Use Sword for best single target DPS phantasm and a block/cc. Sword should be used over Focus if there are no trash mobs to be pulled together.
- Signet Passive: Gain health every few seconds, based on the number of active illusions you control.
Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.
- Well. Creates a well that gives allies the ability to see the future and allows them to evade all incoming attacks. When the well ends, allies within the well regain endurance.
- on short fights where you don't need the alacrity between encounters
- if boon removal and/or condition cleanse is needed
- Well. Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, knocking down, floating, and pulling foes caught in its event horizon. When it expires, foes still inside the well take heavy damage.
- Glamour. Create an area that warps time, granting you and your allies quickness while slowing enemies.Well. Create a powerful well that warps space in an area, knocking down, floating, and pulling foes caught in its event horizon. When it expires, foes still inside the well take heavy damage.
- overif you're using a focus
Dueling VariantYou can replace Inspiration with Dueling for very short fights where the extra quickness from
EquipmentThere are many variations of gear for chronomancer and some of them can be difficult to acquire, however they all share a common goal in their stat choices which is to reach as close as possible to 100% boon duration (or quickness duration in the case of the Firebrand rune set) while under the effect of
Standard RotationKeeping up quickness boils down to using these skills at least once every 30 seconds before alacrity. That's every 22,6 seconds after alacrity and these skills give you 24 seconds of quickness total and therefore permanent quickness. Make sure to weaponswap before starting the rotation to proc your
- A phantasm to proc an additional
- You don't need for permanent quickness.
- You can use it as part of your quickness rotation for more leeway and more alacrity whenever it is off cooldown.
- If you're playing the Illusion traitline and use Continuum Split as part of your quickness rotation, you will have a 2 second downtime of quickness just before you can start your next Continuum Split. You can avoid this gap by doing another mid Continuum Split quickness rotation before using Continuum Split.
- If your group is struggeling with breakbars you can also spare it to use on a lower cooldown.
- Cast at least two new phantasms after each shatter so that they can benefit from the next time you shatter.
- If possible, try to use your elite skill only during . This effectively decreases the cooldown of your elite to the cooldown of.
- You can use your wells again if they come off cooldown and will be recharged before your next .
- If you happen to be on the wrong weaponset (shield) when your F5 comes off cooldown , you can usedirectly after Timewarp and swap weapons immedeately to proc your sigil. After the short break when Continuum Split ended swap back to shield and do the second part of the rotation.
- Don't start using your quickness skills before you enter combat as entering combat will remove all boons on your team.
- Use to mitigate damage instead of dodging or as damage increase on cooldown.
- Avoid using as the clone it generates will override one of your phantasms (assuming you have 3).
- Use to pull up to 5 enemies and allow your team to cleave them down at the same time.
- Don't forget you will be ported back to the position where you started when it ends, so always use it with caution.
- You have boon strip on the third skill of your AA chain . You can increase your boon stripping abilities by replacing a phantasm with a simple sword clone, which uses the sword AA including the boonstrip.
- Easily accessible CCs:
- (6-10 hits)
- (1-4 hits)
- Other CCs:
- is a weak CC and is better used for pulling mobs into the boss.
- is a very weak CC, but available if needed.
Portal mechanic usage
- Use the combined power of
- Some techniques require a reverse
- For a second