Chronomancer - Utility DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build provides great group support while maintaining as much personal damage as possible. While the basic build drastically increases the groups damage output, it allows a lot of modifications to adapt to every situation and provide more defensive utilities for the group if necessary. You can play this build effectively in dungeons, fractals and raids.
Use Sword for best single target DPS phantasm and a block/cc. Mainly useful if your group doesn't stack so that you can't share quickness and alacrity.
- for group heal and more alacrity.
- for short fights when casting phantasm is a waste of time. It's a personal DPS boost with the trait.
- for more quickness
- for skipping something
- for extra CC
- provides a lot of alacrity for your group. Loses a bit of its effectiveness if your party contains revenants or thieves as their class mechanic does not allow them a DPS increase with alacrity.
- is like a small Time Warp that will increase your group DPS and provides 2 seconds of alacrity with thetrait.
- is a 3 second blur for your whole group you can use if your group has trouble surviving. Provides 2 seconds of alacrity with the All's Well That Ends Well trait.
- if reflect is needed. Consider traiting the Inspiration traitline to provide more reflect if necessary.
- group condition cleanse and boon stripping. Suited for boon heavy or condition heavy encounters (i.e. dredges).
- to immediately recharge the next utility skill you use. You should use this skill to double one of your wells. Very useful for double Blink or double Portal Entre. You need to use Mimic then use the skill you want to use twice. For Portal Entre you need to use Mimic just before opening the Portal Exeunt. It is also useful for a double Feedback if your party lacks reflect uptime.
- to increase mobility and ease skipping.
- to allow creative use of mechanics. See the Portal section below for further details.
- spreads the boons you have to rest of your party and as such helps achieve a desired amount of Fury, Might and Quickness. However, if your team can not achieve a medium amount of might on its own (<5 Might), you should reconsider the cost of the utility slot. Also you can just taketo have the signet active when you cast a phantasm.
- has a good damage output and low recharge. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the traitfor each mantra charge you use.
- group stability and an extra stunbreak. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the trait Harmonious Mantras for each mantra charge you use.
- group condition cleanse suited best for short fights. It's a 3% personal DPS boost for 10 seconds with the trait Harmonious Mantras for each mantra charge you use.
- for damage heavy encounters if your group has trouble surviving. It's usually not used though as it takes the place of one of your phantasms.
- paired withfor an on demand Distortion for tough encounters. Usually not needed as Mesmer has many way to avoid taking damage.
- use only when your group struggles with breaking Breakbars.
DPS Main Build
- Use if you want to maximize you crit chance for a special encounter for maximum reflect damage.
- Use if you want to shatter more often.
- If you use a greatsword use .
Illusions VariantReplace Domination with Illusion for more alacrity and higher personal damage. The lower cooldown on shatter skills may come in hany as does the higher alacrity uptime whenever you don't use
- To blind trashmobs you can use .
You can replace Domination with Dueling for very short fights when using mantras or if you need vigor or fury.
You will reach 100% boon duration with this setup when using a Large Mist Mobility Potion while having 150 AR.
- Leggings are Commander's everything else is Berserker's.
If you can't stack quickness properly, because your team doesn't stack or you feel forced to take more defensive utilities, you can focus more on personal damage. You can also use this for very shot fights, where you don't need as much boon duration or if you have a revenant (switch only armor).
- Weapons and trinkets are Berserker's.
- For Armor use Assassin's.
- Always carry the 10% foe specific nourishment buffs. For a full up to date list look here: General Dungeons and Fractals
- A cheaper alternative
- A cheaper alternative
- A cheaper alternative
Standard RotationKeeping up quickness boils down to using these skills at least once every 30 seconds before alacrity. That's every 22,6 seconds after alacrity and these skills give you 24 seconds of quickness total and therefore permanent quickness. Make sure to weaponswap before starting the rotation to proc your
- A phantasm to proc an additional
- You don't need for permanent quickness.
- You can use it as part of your quickness rotation for more leeway and more alacrity whenever it is off cooldown.
- If you're playing the Illusion traitline and use Continuum Split as part of your quickness rotation, you will have a 2 second downtime of quickness just before you can start your next Continuum Split. You can avoid this gap by doing another mid Continuum Split quickness rotation before using Continuum Split.
- If your group is struggeling with breakbars you can also spare it to use on a lower cooldown.
- Cast at least two new phantasms after each shatter so that they can benefit from the next time you shatter.
- Use your elite skill only during . This basically decreases the cooldown of your elite to the cooldown of.
- You can use your wells again if they come off cooldown and will be recharged before your next .
- If you happen to be on the wrong weaponset (shield) when your F5 comes off cooldown , you can usedirectly after Timewarp and swap weapons immedeately to proc your sigil. After the short break when Continuum Split ended swap back to shield and do the second part of the rotation.
- Your main source of damage is a conjunction of your personal damage and your phantasms' damage (about 40%/60% respectively). You should be in melee using your sword to its full potential, primarily doing damage with the auto attack and using as a damage increase on cooldown or to mitigate damage instead of dodging.
- Always use to pull up to 5 together so that your team can cleave them down at the same time.
- If you are using sword offhand, will counter enemy attacks. This is the most damaging counterattack in the game and is both a defensive and offensive skill. Keep in mind that it spawns a clone and the damage might not apply to a too distant target.
- The only times you should be stepping out from the thick of combat short of a near death experience is to cast Phantasms.
- Because you want your phantasms to have finished their attacks before you shatter them, you should start with and cast twoas second and third phantasm at the start of the fight.attack time lies between these two other phantasms, so use it accordingly when playing with pistol.
- If you don't need the defensive abilities of always try to maximize your number of phantasms that do more damage.deals the most damage, followed bywithdoing least. As onlydoes any AoE damage, it becomes the strongest against multiple opponents.
- In some situations, reflect is more desirable than direct damage. If you want more reflect uptime, start with or, switch to, cast, wait a few moments for the first warden to approach the end of its attack cycle and cast the second. This ensures constant projectile absorption through wardens if usingand a 66% reflection uptime if using.
- 's passive heal is very strong. So don't use the signet if you don't really have to as its passive will also help you keep up the 6th rune bonus of Rune of the Scholar.
- You can finish off your targets by using since illusions tied to it will be destroyed.
- Avoid using as the clone it generates will override one of your phantasms (assuming you have 3).
- If you have a guardian in your party. Wait for their to run out before you useto keep a cooldown synergy within the team.
- Don't forget you will be ported back to the position where you started when it ends. This could be lethal in some places like the Thaumanova Fractal Endboss, so always use it with caution.
- You have boonstrip on the third skill of your AA chain . You can increase your boon stripping abilities by replacing a phantasm with a simple sword clone, which uses the sword AA including the boonstrip.
- If your party decides to range something, use a Greatsword.
Portal mechanic usage
- Use the combined power of
- Some techniques require a reverse
- For a second