Daredevil - Carrion Venomshare
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This sPvP-build focusses on survivability through dodging, while whittling down opponents with conditions and sharing venoms for team support. Opposing to the current meta power-thieves, a thief with this build can perform decent at small skirmishes (2-3 players on each side), defend points and 1on1 various other classes.
- - stronger heal, shorter cooldown, bonus endurance gain, but no condition remove and no long distance dodge to build up distance. Take .
- - ultra short CD stunbreaker (especially with ), block, knockback. Combine with Brawler's Tenacity for additional endurance.
- : Poison on autoattack? Hell yeah!
- : Only viable choice in this build.
- : Stronger poison? Hell yeah!
- : Backup stealth if things get ugly. Somehow only viable choice, because we don't use enough stealth for to be useful.
- : Might and lifedrain for us and all allies in range. Better than , as we don't backstab.
- Can't find such trait "Venomous Aura"! Please refer to our trait index: Core trait, venom share. Enables stun stacking when +1-ing a fight and enables team support through venoms.
- Can't find such trait "Havoc Mastery"! Please refer to our trait index: Only viable choice. We don't crit (no prec) and we don't use physicals.
- Can't find such trait "Escapist's Absolution"! Please refer to our trait index: One of our few condition removes. Must-have in current meta. Bonus in skirmishes: Removes 1 condition per dodge, as you always dodge one random hit in the heat of the battle.
- : Increases the distance of dodges and removes movement-impairing conditions. Necessary for effective kiting, and removes one damage source from reapers (chill).
- - if you choose
- Take if you have trouble with conditions. If you need this, consider , too.
- . Furthermore boosts
if you chose
and , as the bonus endurance from the
would often be an overkill.
- You are still a thief. Keep moving, roam the map, +1 fights and pressure empty caps.
- Use your shortbow outfight, but beware of using up all your initiative. Try to have in mind, how much time you have to recover before using
- You can climb with
- You can +1 very well with shared
- You are able to 1on1 most classes (provided you dodge well) and to survive long enough to decide, whether you can get the kill or have to retreat. However, some enemies may have a very good condition cleanse, which makes it close to impossible for you to kill them, so just leave or call for help.
- Hint: At the current condi meta, many people carry tons of condi cleanse, so don't get too picky, if you can't 1on1 most enemies. If everyone is too tanky, focus on decapping empty points and stick to your team afterwards.
- Evade being present at the start of big teamfights. If you get focussed from the beginning, you will die quickly.
- However, joining a big fight and instantly sharing your venoms may turn the tides.
- Keep an eye on objectives. You can solo kill Utahein/Svanir in the Forest or the guild lord in Foefire (clean melee soldiers first and reg inbetween). This takes much time, so watch out for enemies!
- Your main damage comes from poisonous autoattacks (especially with
- For god's sake, DO NOT BLINDLY SPAM
- I recommend autoattacking foes at the beginning, dodging their central skills and then retailliating with Death Blossom when they have no more means to evade and condi cleanse.
- Your efficiency increases with focus, as your venoms stack on the opponent. Try to always call out a target (Ctrl + Click or Ctrl + T).
- Your survivability comes from dodges: You have 3 dodges, 3
- ) - 1 dodge
- Kill a foe (with
- (if taken:
- (if taken:
- Kiting is your best friend. makes it easy to create distance between you and your foes and/or dodge their AoEs.
- Try to actively dodge melee attacks with
- Do not necessarily engage with
- I strongly recommend using the option Lock Ground Target At Maximum Skill Range. This greatly accelerates the usage of
- Try binding your utility skills, especially
- You can cast
- If things go bad, don't hesitate to disengage and flee. There is rarely a use in dying (exception: keeping enemies from (de-)capping an important point).
- Nearly nothing can catch use when using
- Nearly nothing can catch use when using
- You can stealth downed allies with . If you quickly
Why should I choose this build over a classical DPS build?
- greater survivability
- combines the mobility of the thief with the possibility survive prolonged battles and skirmishes
- much more forgiving than DPS builds
- Can't find such trait "Escapist's Absolution"! Please refer to our trait index as a low-cooldown condition cleanse
- less vulnearable to conditions due to higher health pool
- team support
- while regular DPS builds require enormous skill to not just die from random AoE during teamfights, this build can actually contribute to such a fight
- greatly less direct damage.
In my opinion, that's all. By going DPS, you trade survivability and team support for tons of raw damage. With this build, you don't miss out any kind of utility, nor any defining skills.
- Every build with enough condition cleanse. This doesn't necessarily mean that they will steamroll you, but it means you won't kill them and after some time run out of endurance and tricks to pull off. Possibly dangerous classes include:
- Berserkers with
- Getting caught. Whenevery someone manages to root you to your position and you cannot do anything against it, you're most likely dead. Be careful with your stunbreakers, especially against stun-heavy classes like Guardians/Dragonhunters or Warriors.