Daredevil - S/D Trickster
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Conquest Condi Thief build w/ Trickster.
There are 2 viable picks for the optional slot:
- - Stunbreak that grants initiative. Has synergy with .
- - Venom that can be used for immobilize when is on cd. Also can be taken as a damage booster thanks to synergy with .
- Unblockable damage. Especially good with Deadshot amulet.
- for condi duration with carrion
- condition damage and great might stacking
- At the start of a match a S/P Daredevil could be sent to capture the node closest to its spawn or possibly far. If someone contested far or near its possible to burst them or win the 1v1, but if you miss the burst or they just kite and re-sustain it may be wise to just leave to save time or stealth up with + and then decide whether to apply pressure or leave undetected. Much of the time however it may be wiser to start out with + at mid or with an ally. After this either establish a good target or keep re-positioning and apply stealth again. When first deciding on a target it is best to apply immobilize with or by spamming since is likely off cool down. If it's safe also apply more condition damage by dodging once or twice or maybe use . Then if you did that correctly they will probably try to use a healing skill which you should make sure you spot in advance and interrupt it- probably with since much of the time you will be at a distance after using . At this point in bursting someone it is usually good to close distance and start cleaving making sure to land for more interrupts.
- For rest of the match much of the same applies. Make sure to use
- One of the best things about thief is it's ability to move around the map, do damage at a fast rate, and other unique abilities such as applying stealth or using shadow steps(which help you stomp downed targets). Make sure to do this frequently, namely by- "plus 1ing" team fights, decapping open nodes and on many maps by completing objectives for your team, such as getting an "artifact" on the coliseum map
- is your new steal for Daredevil. This has a relatively short casting range, so it is best used on a target you are bursting. Swipe also grants extra initiative and endurance making it perfect for helping you get that extra bit of dodges or skill use when bursting. Also note it applies 5 stacks of confusion and 3 of poison and it provides a teleport(maxes out at 600 range). The teleport can really help you land skills like , extra dodges or even a stomp on a downed target that somehow teleported nearby.
- As mentioned a great way to start fights is followed by dodges and then . This is still good for bursting but is mostly considered a method for poking targets and returning safely(though it is the main method of damage for S/D Condi). Its also possible on this build to do alot of damage from auto attacks, though one of the better burst is on , which when coupled with haste can be done up to 3 times quickly each for about 4-6k burst at least depending on amount of boons. is to be used whenever possible to interrupt enemy skills for decent damage via . The last skill probably has the most uses- 1.) Helping stealth teammates 2.) Applies a great blind field 3.) Combo field can be used with dodge rolls to cast blinding bolts. An example for using in combat could be casting when enemy is blocking(make sure to distarget first) or disengaging allowing the option for stealthing if they move to far or if they want to stay close the blind field will prevent enemies from hitting you. Also an example is swiping on to a targeting while casting then using this cover while dodge rolling or attacking for damage.
- Shortbow is not only a great tool for mobility or for casting stealth. A great fight is often started with , which can even be followed by right over enemies before swapping to S/P. Another way to do dps on shortbow is simply by casting which can stun targets when reaching 5 poison stacks. is also going to be valuable against any targets that have projectile blocking or blocking as it is unblockable. Make sure to take advantage of this and use on targets being revived or trying to make a run while blocking.
- Condi clear/ Firebrand
- Really good necro rezzes
- Very high focused burst