This Pistol/Pistol build focuses on stunning/knocking down the target and then killing it as fast as possible using Haste/Unload.
3 Superior Sigil of Air
50% Chance on Critical: Cause a Lightning Strike. (Cooldown: 3s)
Superior Sigil of Impact
+10% damage vs stunned or knocked down foes.
5 Superior Sigil of Fire
50% Chance on Critical: Trigger a Flame Blast for area of effect damage (240 radius). (Cooldown: 5s)
9 Superior Sigil of Leeching
Your next attack after swapping to this weapon while in combat steals some health. (Cooldown: 9s)
Superior Rune of the Dragonhunter
(1): +25 Ferocity (2): +35 Power (3): +50 Ferocity (4): +65 Power (5): +100 Ferocity (6): Apply 5 stacks of might for 8 seconds when you place a trap.
+1050 Power +1050 Precision +560 Vitality +560 Ferocity
- - Stealth and Condition Clear while weilding Pistol/Pistol
- - 3 Second Knockdown with relatively low cooldown. Used to trigger the Sigil of Impact and keeping the enemy down
- - Stunbreak and 6 Seconds of quickness to speed up the unload. Also gives Fury for the Trait
- - Summons either a Dagger/Dagger or Pistol/Pistol Thief that disappears after 20 Seconds. The Pistol/Pistol thief uses , while the Dagger/Dagger thief uses to pull the enemy to himself.
Can be Exchanged for
- - Always activate before initiating combat. Either it deletes the enemies stability, or they use their Stunbreaks, so the 3 second knockdown of the Trap will be applied with more safety. Also great for interrupting enemies from distance.
- Put down and , wait for an enemy to come, activate and use and then . If playing against a class that has little to no CC, use before Unloading to gain additional Damage.
- While still being able to move quickly from point to point via Dodging (although a Shortbow build is better for that), this build has the capability of dealing more consistent damage, delivering more CC and being able to defeat even stronger Bunkers (Classes that are able to hold points like Engineers and Ranger), which becomes very useful in situations where the "far" point has to be capped while it is still protected.
- is a good tool to hold your own points longer than an usual Thief could. Also makes it possible to distract the enemy and heal/shoot from range. If both traps trigger, you instantly gain 20 might (10 from and 10 from Rune of Dragonhunter ).
- If the situation becomes risky (for example when the enemy activates a reflect shield), swap to Dagger/Dagger and use the Stealth and Evasion to either get away or kill the enemy fast in close combat.
- You can activate and then to the enemy to instantly lay down a Trap next to them. Hard to time right, but when correctly executed, can be devastating (Can also be done while stealthed, you become revealed when stealing though).
- Bigger teamfight potential because of the Thief summon, the CC and the Ranged DPS from .
Against Other Classes
- Dragonhunters - While you can easily dodge through all traps with one dodge, their reflects can make you kill yourself faster than you think.
- Scrapper - Not too much of a counter, as long as you avoid shooting them while they have retaliation and/or their reflective bubble. You can dodge the reflected projectiles though.
- Necromancer/Reaper - Projectiles get blocked by summons, and their Conditions get a problem very fast. If the necromancer is not Focusing you, melts their Shroud easily.
- Condition Guardians - You simply don't have enough Condition Clears. Either kill them fast or try not to get caught in their AoE's.
- Thief/Daredevil - Other Thieves don't have enough Stunbreaks, and as soon as they are knocked down or Stunned, instantly melts them down.
- Warrior/Berserker If playing against a normal Greatsword Warrior, there shouldn't be a problem, as long as you keep your range to them. Same applies to Mace/Shield Warriors, don't waste your Stunbreak before the fight and use it when you get stunned.