Deadeye - Acro Rifle Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Rifle Deadeye WvW roaming build which focuses on single target burst damage. The Acrobatics specialization mixes in plenty of sustain and utility with its strong passive procs and boosted endurance regeneration.
With the steady stream of initiative, endurance, and frequent stealth access this version of Deadeye is made to constantly keep the target under pressure whilst providing very few openings for them to counterattack.
For the optional slot:
- - CC and damage boost through Vulnerability stacking. Because of the delay, with proper timing BS can be used to set up burst such as while you're still in stealth.
- - passive damage increase and an active that can greatly enchance burst damage.
- - stun break, Quickness, and synergy with the trait .
- - cleanses several conditions, has a useful passive, and refills just enough endurance for a dodge roll to fuel .
There are many alternatives to Dagger/Pistol:
- Sword/Dagger works as a semi-defensive set with evasion on skill #3 and has a decent reach + damage and boon stealing.
- Sword/Pistol can be used for the evasion, CC, and AoE burst.
- A second Rifle. Allows you to keep doing your thing, but procs Sigil of Energy for an extra dodge and for free initiative every 10 seconds.
- The ratio of Marauder and Berserker's pieces can be changed based on personal preferences. Add a few more Marauder pieces if you're feeling too squishy, or replace them with Berserker if you're willing to take risks.
- - lower opening burst, but more consistent damage modifier and better Might uptime.
- - note that this food does overcap endurance regeneration when stacked with the Acrobatics empowered Vigor, but it's still better than the budget version while not affected by Vigor.
- Budget version:
- Budget version:
- Start fights with , refresh it whenever it's about to expire.
- Use to pressure targets and to build Malice stacks. At 7 Malice you should dodge for stealth and do a .
- Swap to Dagger/Pistol for stealth if you're out of dodges and want to reset the fight.
- Maintain Swiftness via while roaming. Dodging while wielding a rifle also grants stealth through .
- is easily the most versatile skill in the build. Couple of applications include:
- Extending the reach of rifle by 1200 range instantly.
- Escaping from melee, and then doing it again with when they get close.
- Stomping downed opponents with Shadowstep ⇒ Shadow Return.
- Breaking stun and cleansing conditions.
- You can dodge while is active, even when you're Immobilized.
- This is the easy part, you pretty much only have to use 2 skills for damage: (TRB) and (DJ).
- TRB is skill #3 on rifle while you're ing, and DJ is the stealth attack of the weapon which replaces the autoattack in stealth. The playstyle is fairly simple: damaging targets with TRB builds Malice, and at 7 Malice procs after which you'll try to land a DJ (or if that becomes too hard to do, just keep spamming TRB until an opening shows or the target dies).
- Try to be a bit less predictable with , don't always use it the moment you enter stealth. Sometimes you can wait a bit more, maybe even use a few dodges or Shadow Meld to extend the burst window, or use in stealth to teleport to a different location, making it all the more difficult to expect when and where the burst's coming from.
- DJ roots you in place and even reveals you, canceling stealth and preventing your from entering for 3 seconds. Try not to use this skill unless you have at least a dodge or a defensive CD ready to go.
- and can be used to get rid of most low priority conditions such as Cripple or Chill, or some high priority ones like Immobilize. The evasion they provide is also handy. Using these increases the chance of removing damaging conditions with . Use ⇒ for burst cleansing.
- and are Tricks, which means they close one additional condition after their initial effects through .
- You'll need to find a balance between defense and offense. There's plenty of endurance regeneration coming from the Acrobatics specialization, which means more dodges and more stealth via . Whenever an enemy starts focusing you, or a melee enemy comes within ~600 range, use your dodges to gain stealth and reposition yourself while it lasts. Building distance is a very important thing for a rifle build.
- Remember! Time favors you, and you can reset fights almost indefinitely, so don't rush things as exposing yourself to danger unnecessarily is the only way for you to get killed.
- If a fight becomes unwinnable, disengage with and stealth.
- is one of your most valuable defensive tools because of the on-demand stealth and Revealed removal. It has 2 charges, occasionally you can get away with using one of them more freely even when you're not in any real danger, but you should always keep the 2nd charge for emergencies - like a ranger using on you.
- provides a steady stream of healing.
- and can bail you out when you make mistakes or get taken by surprise, but once they are on CD try to be extremely cautious.