Dragonhunter - Burn Burst V2
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- - Utility meant for survival; Full Cleanse + Stun Breaker. Can opt to
- - Utility meant for survival; 2k healing and 2 cleanses on a low cd. Can opt for
- - Utility meant for survival and Damage; Combo with .
- Build currently rated as Rank 20 potential.
- The entire build relies on two things: Surviving with utilities long enough to cast another Litany of Wrath & Continuous Hits to proc . This build is NOT a "faceroll my keyboard" build. You absolutely must save your utilities for survival/stunbreak purposes.
- I do not recommend using a Shield as an offhand unless you decide to use for combo purposes.
- In general, it's better to not cast , as much of the build's damage comes from its passive effect. Circumstantial, feel free to knock some one down the pit during a Stillness Buff on Temple of the Silent Storm map.
Skills, Abilities and Healing To Use in Unison
- ⇒ - Though Cleansing Flame can cleanse allies, it is best used as AoE Burst in a group of 2 or more. This includes an Engi and his Gyro, Ranger's and his Pet, Mesmers and his clones, etc. is simply to protect you from CC and Damage effects while channeling your Torch#5. It's a channel ability so it's often best to remain still while Auto Aim does its job. You should never chase some one with it, swap to Scepter if you're constantly needing to chase some one.
- ⇒ - The reason to drop these two items in a group is obvious. What's not so obvious is knowing whether to start with Sword#2 first or Scepter #2. The engagement will depend on how burst friendly the skirmish group is. I often start with sword and immediately dodge away to not get cc'd, then cast . Pin some one inside the symbols with . Are they soaking up your symbol damages? Finish them off with . Absolutely NOTHING is working? You better F2 out of the map and stay in Scepter autoing until your cds come up. Survive!
- - Swapping one of your sustain utilities out with PoF is entirely your preference. I personally prefer my sustains by having full Medi utilities. PoF adds 3 stacks of burning on activation and then again every single time an enemy walks through it but be aware of its cast time as it can be interrupted.
- Main Heal Combos:
- ⇒ + [Any other consecutive hits] that activates your F1. Casting AoE Burns in a group will basically heal you to 100% if used correctly.
Engagements & Potential Counters
- Rangers, Engineers, Necro, Revenant, - You shouldn't ever have issues with these classes on point. They almost never learn how to stay away from their pets so they eat up the extra Permeating Wrath from that extra ally on point. Burst Revs as fast as you can initially and you shouldn't have issues throughout the rest of the fight.
- Warriors - Power will obliterate you always (unless they're bad). However, you should have the upper hand vs Condi Wars. Save your stunbreakers. Make great usage of
- Mesmers - Don't let them get their initial burst off. Use a stun break and cast Shield of Courage and/or Heals if caught in a CC+Burst chain. You have the upper hand in most Mesmer 1v1 fights.
- Mesmer + Thief combo - Good Luck! This build's counter is heavy CC pressure (lack of stability). If you're good enough to IMMEDIATELY stunbreak + Renewed Focus + F3, you can survive the initial burst. Last long enough to Symbol the area and you can down the Thief out of attrition.
- Thief - Staff Vault Build - Keep stacking symbols and attack between evades. You'll have the upper hand if you last your heavy hitting condi skills + Scepter#3.