Dragonhunter - Burn Dragonhunter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Burn DH is a build that provides high damage output, strong cleanses, and reasonable crowd control in zerg fights. This build is an improvement over the old-school base-burn guard in that it offers: more powerful CCs through the use of longbow, an abundance of soft CCs such as cripple, slow and chill, greater mobility and self-sustain through the use of dragonhunter, ability to boon rip, and generally higher damage compared to core mainly due to the numerous ways of covering your burn conditions and by having access to the longbow which generates more burn and ticks than the staff.
In addition to modifying traits, the sigils and stat prefixes have been overhauled. Namely, a full set of trailblazer is selected over a mixture of dire/trailblazers. While full TB has slightly less condition damage (about 3% less burn damage), it caps the burn duration and allows the player to run more useful sigils like bursting which actually gives you a slighter higher burn tick compared to the previous arrangement, and sigil of absorption to steal boons. Furthermore, the additional expertise augments your chill, cripple and slow durations and forces the enemy to expend more cleanses rather than letting it expire naturally. Lastly, sigil of corruption has been added to the secondary weapon set over sigil of fire due to the enormous damage boost provided by 250 condition damage.
- instead of "Stand Your Ground!" for noticeably more damage, if stability is not an issue.
- instead of "Stand Your Ground!". Only run this over purging flames if you are fighting in a very confined space such as an objective ring. Run trap recharge trait.
- For additional boon rip and CC, but only if absolutely confident in your sustain.
- If having difficulty staying alive.
- If running any traps.
- feast option
Your role as a burn DH is to output as much damage as possible.
- Weapon Swap
- Stay on your Scepter during the fight, and only swap to to longbow when Hunters Ward is ready and then immediately swap back to scepter. Staying on any weapon other than scepter for prolonged periods of time will weaken your damage.
- Learn to pan your camera (use bind look behind) so that you can bomb whilst in full retreat.
- High resistance up time
- Lack of cover conditions
- Basically all support classes
- people who click their skills and avoid red circles