Scrapper - Frontline Scrapper
(Redirected from Engineer - Frontline Scrapper)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build is designed to deal high damage and group CC in a frontline group. It can also play an excellent role as 'counter periph' eliminating enemy ranged classes.
- Medic Gyro for a mobile water field on toolbelt.
- Elixir Gun group condition clear with Fumigate and Super Elixir plus solid cleave damage with Acid Bomb
- Elixir B If Stability is an issue
- Elixir U Huge personal damage increase
- Slick Shoes for powerful CC and low cooldown stun break toolbelt skill.
- Elite Mortar Kit for additional Water Field, Poison Field and ranged damage.
- Use more Marauder's or Soldier's for more defense.
- Keep boon duration in mind if changing rune.
- If using Sneak Gyro Ensure it is active for pulsing stealth to your allies.
- Engage with Thunderclap at close range for interrupting CC and damage
- If you are feeling ranged pressure at this stage it is extremely useful to activate Defense Field for a mobile defense from enemy projectiles for nearby allies and yourself.
- Choose a target such as a Reaper or Tempest to use Rocket Charge at. This will mitigate damage thrown at the engage as it is an evade, and will also deal high damage to the target.
- Immediately follow up with Electro-whirl for high damage.
- Auto attack with hammer, activating Electro-whirl as it comes off cooldown until the commander disengages.
- Shock Shield deals high damage, however it is best used when you can take advantage of the block and mitigate some enemy damage. Activate when chasing enemies through damage or when you need to disengage.
- As you pull off to regroup, go in to Tool Kit and activate Magnet followed straight away by Pry Bar on a low health or vulnerable enemy without stability, in attempt to separate them from their own regroup and potentially generate a down. If they do go down, begin a stomp, then walk away and allow Function Gyro to finish the stomp.
- Activate Healing Turret, double tapping to activate its chain ability Cleansing Burst followed immediately by using Detonate Healing Turret to blast finish your water combo field.
- Tool Kit has a powerful block similar to a guardian's Shelter that you can use to mitigate damage. Use in chokes, or to avoid high damage scenarios, or to pull away from dangerous situations.
- Elixir S is a powerful invulnerability skill. Try to use this to avoid damage rather than to react to already taken damage, as you have an automatic one traited that will come in to play should you get low on health.
- Toss Elixir S can be used to secure stomps, escape enemies, stealth downed allies and cleanse a condition should it be your last resort.
- Bulwark Gyro is fairly weak considering the damage thrown around- however activating it whenever it is up can help mitigate small amounts of damage, or for a reasonable daze that can interrupt enemies. The main benefit of this skill comes from its tool belt ability.
- Adaptive Armor takes a little bit of time to reach maximum stacks. Until then, keep in mind your toughness may be lower than your allies around you.
- Perfectly Weighted gives a small amount of stability, making it especially useful after Rocket Charge as it allows you to get off your burst.
- Magnet is unblockable. It can be used through Aegis, Shelter and other blocks. Interrupting a Shelter can prove deadly for an enemy Guardian.
- Reliant on team for stability
- Low toughness as the fight begins
- Reliant on team for most boons
- Easily isolated from group
- YouTube: [Vng] Freakshow