Engineer - Inspector Gadget
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A bunker core engineer build with high mobility, sustain and utility.
- The purpose of this build is the stall opponent players on neutralized or captured nodes, and to have the option to neutralize nodes when rotation is necessary, and to provide support in group fights when it is useful to do so (i.e., when one needs to defend a captured node, secure stomps, or offer condition cleanse). It does very little direct damage and very little condition damage, so avoid attempting to solo against enemy players with the intent to down them yourself.
Condition Cleansing and Resistance
- This build has access to some of the best solo condition cleansing and nullification in the game. All of this is possible due to the Purity of Purpose trait, which allows you to convert conditions you cleanse on yourself and allies into boons. So, everything you cleanse also becomes a boon or adds to the duration or stacks of boons you already have.
- Sigil Cleansing: Sigil of Cleansing provides you with 1 cleanse every 9 seconds anytime you switch into or out of a kit. In this case, Med Kit and Elite Mortar Kit can be swapped into and out of for this cleanse to apply.
- Vulnerability Cleansing: Anytime you cleanse Vulnerability, you convert it into Protection, which cleanses yet another condition.
- Trait Cleansing: Transmute cleanses 2 conditions into boons. Additionally, Cleansing Synergy and Reconstruction Enclosure (from the Inventions line) offer you 2 cleanses when you use Bandage Self. Reactive Lenses (cooldown reduced to 72 seconds thanks to Gadgeteer) also cleanses Blind when passively triggered.
- Skill Cleansing: As mentioned earlier, Bandage Self cleanses 2 conditions thanks to synergy from the Inventions line. Magnetic Shield and Static Shield also grand cleanses thanks to synergy with the Over Shield and Anticorrosion Plating traits from the Inventions line. Med Kit's Cleansing Field cleanses up to 4 conditions from you and allies. Utility Goggles has three condition resistance functions as well: Protection application (cleansing 1 condition), Resistance application (nullifying conditions), and Blindness cleansing. Rocket Boots cleanses mobility inhibiting conditions.
- Combo Cleansing: There are many combos a player can use to cleanse additional conditions running this build. The main source of Light Combo Fields is the player's Flash Shell Elite Mortar Kit skill. Magnetic Inversion's Blast combo finisher can be utilized to cleanse conditions in light combo fields. Orbital Strike can be used to do the same. Additionally, Mortar Shot can be used to do the same, as under the right conditions, it grants a 100% change of being a Physical Projectile Finisher through Light Combo Fields.
- Resistance: Rune of Resistance grants the player access to 4 seconds of Resistance every 20 seconds when swapping to and swapping out of Elite Mortar Kit. Additionally, Utility Goggles provides a little over 3 seconds of Resistance due to Gadgeteer trait synergy. Furthermore, Reactive Lenses provides yet another source of Resistance passively, and its cooldown is reduced due to synergy with the Gadgeteer trait.
This build also provides some strong utility, helpful in 1v1s and team fights.
- AoE Combo Fields: Elite Mortar Kit's Poison Gas Shell, Endothermic Shell, Flash Shell, and Elixir Shell provide strong utility in both team fights and 1v1s. In summary: Poison Gas Shell = Ranged poison with Mortar Shot, AoE poison application, and AoE Weakness with blast combo finishers (Orbital Strike, Magnetic Inversion, Rocket Boots, Infusion Bomb). Endothermic Shell - ranged chill with Mortar Shot, AoE Frost Aura application with Magnetic Inversion, Orbital Strike, Rocket Boots, Infusion Bomb. Flash Shell - Ranged condition cleansing with Mortar Shot, AoE condition cleansing with Magnetic Inversion, Orbital Strike, Rocket Boots, and Infusion Bomb. Elixir Shell and Cleansing Field - both offer great potential for blast finisher AoE heals with Magnetic Inversion. Orbital Strike, Rocket Boots, and Infusion Bomb.
- Mobility: Thanks to Streamlined Kits, any time the player switches to a kit with the Streamlined Kits off cooldown, such as Med Kit or Elite Mortar Kit, the player gains swiftness. Infusion Bomb also provides a source of Swiftness, so always use this before your team exits the gate in conquest matches. Lastly, use Rocket Boots liberally to disengage from fights, kite nodes, to move to neutralize and capture nodes, and to rid yourself of movement inhibiting conditions.
- AoE Condition Cleansing: Already mentioned previously, but be sure to use it extensively!
- Poisoning Downed Foes: Poison Gas Shell was already mentioned, but the Pistol skill Poison Dart Volley also applies Poison on each individual shot.
- Blindness Application: Use Flash Shell to secure stomps on downed foes for yourself and for teammates. Use Static Shot to apply Blindness to foes as well.
- Confusion application: Use Static Shot to apply confusion to multiple foes or to two foes multiple times, as it bounces between multiple foes. It does not do much damage given a player's lack of condition damage, but this is simply to say it is more applicable against multiple foes than individual foes.
- Healing: Combine any blast finisher with Cleansing Field or Elixir Shell for AoE healing. Furthermore, Vital Burst has an AoE healing affect on a relatively low cooldown. Bandage Blast is actually only useful when applied to a teammate at point blank range and its use is limited. Med Blaster's healing powers are so weak as to almost never be effective in combat.
- Revealed Application: Be sure to use Detection Pulse anytime you suspect a downed foe or enemy player has is in Stealth. Other than this, it has no usage, so do not feel bad for using it liberally.
- AoE CCs: Use Slick Shoes on a node to make a teamfight more favorable for your team. Also, do not be afraid to combine its application with Rocket Boots for an unblockable AoE wall of CC fields.
- Stunbreaks: Utility Goggle and Superspeed are your stunbreaks - use them to get out of an unfavorable engagement. Also, do not forget that Reactive Lenses triggers passively.
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION....