Guardian - Merciful Frontline
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The EU meta build for a sustained 'ball' style frontline designed to be a powerful healer and resurrect bot. Has extremely high personal and group sustain at a slight cost to damage and boon up-time. Used by many EU guilds including [Ash], [vE], and [vR].
- Staff can be used instead of hammer or Mace/Shield to provide a very powerful healing burst and additional might through empowers, on top of its general usefulness through symbols and CC.
- ⇒ When running with larger numbers and unable to get use out of teleporting to downs (e.g. they are dying too fast off tag to solo res)
- ⇒ When running in a very tight group with many guardians to assist in the healing and resurrecting.
- ⇒ When Stability is limited.
- ⇒If projectile defense is needed.
- Only one Guardian per party needs to takesince its effect does not stack, and Communal Defenses gives excellent passive healing.
- For staff builds.
- Reduces healing output but brings more boon uptime and condition clear. Should be taken with.
- Swap Celestial for Crusader's for an easier to obtain stat.
- Add Commander's or Marauder's for extra damage.
- Add Wanderer's, Minstrel's or Soldier's for extra defense.
- Add more Cleric's or Minstrel's for additional healing focus at the cost of damage. Particularly for GvGs, more bunker focused gear aims for around 1k healing power.
- out scales the healing of Renewal Sigil, however Renewal can be useful for inexperienced players.
- Rotation: Engage with ,and immediately after use. Catch enemies with. Continue autoattacking untilis ready or until you regroup, in which case saveto blast Water Fields.
- is a blast finisher - use it on combo fields like fire, water, and chill.
- Use Mace/Shield to support your group and create heavy burst CC and healing. The autoattack provides very strong AoE healing.
- Rotation: Autoattack continuously throughout the fight. When bombing the enemy in Mace, use your to give an extremely high healing Regeneration plus AoE pressure. Then activate on your shieldfor a burst heal to allies and protection, followed byfor a high damage skill and a small damage mitigation. Either when you see a downed enemy or ally, useto push back a res/stomp attempt, either double tapping for a large burst AoE heal or channeling for projectile defense.
- Use to disrupt enemies and split players away from the main group whilst also stripping some stability.
- Double tapping will immediately activate its chain skill, a good group AoE heal if you are under heavy pressure. With this build this is an even more powerful heal than usual and should be used to try save low allies.
- Stack might for your team with . It will also heal you for a huge amount because of, plus a huge AoE healing thanks toand Sigil of Transference.
- When running to/from objectives, speed up your zerg with .
- Stack might for your team with .
- Resurrecting plays a huge part in this build. Your paired with
- Healing your allies is another huge focus of this build. Be mindful of their HP at all times and use to burst cleanse heavy condition pressure and provide a very large on demand heal.
- Use to escape damage.will also refresh your virtues, meaning it is best used when all virtues are on cooldown. You can use virtues whilst channeling this skill to get the most effectiveness out of its cooldown resetting.
- Use when you are being overwhelmed with conditions. Try to use it during fights and not on regroups, where you may block allies from blasting water fields.
- - gives area Stability to help secure stomps/resurrection or mitigate the effectiveness of an enemy CC (try to use SYG proactively, before a bomb). It is only a stun break for yourself, not your party.
- is your -and your party's- panic stability and area break stun. Use it only afteris on cooldown and stability it urgently needed.
- Applying boons to party members and yourself will heal you via
- YouTube: [vR]Hybrid
- YouTube: [bM] Falx