Guardian - Radiant Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Guardian build for running around in the open world. This build deals extremely high burst damage and has excellent defensive skills allowing it to stay alive.
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Sword/Focus is suggested because it provides a good mix of defense, AoE damage, and mobility. Depending on what you need, you can run Hammer (crowd control), Scepter (ranged and high damage on bosses), and/or Shield (crowd control and projectile defense).
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- - defensive option. You can cancel the animation but keep the block by stowing your weapon during the cast. However, you won't receive any healing if you do this.
- Utility Skills
- - grants more retaliation for boss fights where you can't proc much.
- - more crowd control.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - if you need to reflect projectiles.
- - alternative projectile defense option.
- - long-lasting swiftness while running.
- Elite Skills
- - more damage.
- - if running or .
- When soloing extremely dangerous enemies such as Heart of Thorns hero challenges or Queen's Gauntlet bosses, it's sometimes worth running Honor instead of Virtues. This is a significant damage loss but allows you to dodge more often.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Dragonhunter - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set and is the gear that most players should aim for.
- The Optimal Variant is the best possible gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases, and you should only get it if you have spare gold or you don’t care about fractals and raids.
- provides high sustain at the cost of damage.
- For a tankier alternative, you can run this mix of Marauder and Valkyrie stats. You lose about 8% of your damage (significantly more if you drop retaliation) but have almost 70% increased health.
- is a fantastic food for farming open world. It's cheap, provides a moderate boost to both damage and survivability, and increases magic find significantly.
- orfor more damage.
- is the best budget food in most cases.is also a good budget option.
- for more dodges.
- for more healing.
- is a great option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- oris your best damage option.
- is a great budget option.
- Your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are , , , and
- resets off every kill thanks to .
- In long fights where you can't reset you can consider bringing and traiting .
- resets off every kill thanks to
- If you want more stacks of might; Consider using instead of. Choosing Either of them will not cost you any loss of damage.
- Try to fight enemies in your symbols to get the stacking damage buff from .
- If using , try not to get hit (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- is a powerful defensive skill.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , and can be used against projectiles.
- Activating gives aegis, protection, retaliation, stability, and a stun break.
- You can run for more active defense.
- is a 3-second invulnerability skill that also refreshes and .
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build doesn't have much sustained healing unless you have , so avoiding damage is extremely important in long fights.
- Use to heal yourself for each enemy you hit.
- When at extremely low health, activate , then use for an immense amount of self-healing.
- You can activate for an emergency heal and condition cleanse.
- For a big condition cleanse, use while in a light field.
- (as a last resort)