Guardian - Radiant Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- An easy, basic guardian build which is F2P accessible and does very well in general open world situations.
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Sword/Focus is suggested because it provides a good mix of defense, AoE damage, and mobility. Depending on what you need, you can run Hammer (crowd control), Scepter (ranged and high damage on bosses), and/or Shield (crowd control and projectile defense).
- You can carry a Staff for tagging mobs in open world farming.
- Healing Skills
- - defensive option. You can cancel the animation but keep the block by stowing your weapon during the cast. However, you won't receive any healing if you do this.
- Utility Skills
- - grants more retaliation for boss fights where you can't proc much.
- - more crowd control.
- - if you need condition cleanse.
- - if you need to reflect projectiles.
- - alternative projectile defense option.
- - long-lasting swiftness while running.
- Elite Skills
- - more damage.
- - more damage.
- - if running or .
- When soloing extremely dangerous enemies such as Heart of Thorns hero challenges or Queen's Gauntlet bosses, it's sometimes worth running Honor instead of Virtues. This is a significant damage loss but allows you to dodge more often.
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- If available, you can use Marauder gear in place of Berserker's for more defense.
- If Marauder is unavailable, you can substitute pieces of Berserker's for Knights or Valkyrie gear for additional defense. You lose a considerable amount of damage in these cases.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are , , , and
- resets off every kill thanks to .
- In long fights where you can't reset you can consider bringing and traiting .
- If you want more stacks of might; Consider using instead of . Choosing Either of them will not cost you any loss of damage.
- Try to fight enemies in your symbols to get the stacking damage buff from .
- If using , try not to get hit (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- is a powerful defensive skill.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , and can be used against projectiles.
- Activating gives aegis, protection, retaliation, stability, and a stun break.
- You can run for more active defense.
- is a 3-second invulnerability skill that also refreshes and .
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- This build doesn't have much sustained healing unless you have , so avoiding damage is extremely important in long fights.
- Use to heal yourself for each enemy you hit.
- When at extremely low health, activate , then use for an immense amount of self-healing.
- You can activate for an emergency heal and condition cleanse.
- For a big condition cleanse, use while in a light field.
- (as a last resort)