Holosmith - Gadget Holo
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
An sPvP Holosmith damage build suitable for fights of any size.
Intelligence can be replaced by:
Elite specialization basics
- Holosmith grants access to the Photon Forge (sometimes referred to as holo mode) and introduces a new resource: heat. Heat is generated passively while the forge is active, or by activating forge skills. Higher CD skills generally generate more heat.
- Reaching maximum heat (100) should be avoided as Overheating damages you and locks you out of the forge until heat goes back to 0. The best tool for heat management is dodge rolling, which vents 15 heat per roll via and does some moderate AoE damage.
- is used to activate the forge, after which your weapon skills will be replaced by 5 new ones. You can't exit the forge for at least 5 seconds, so be careful about reentering with high heat levels.
- Both Engage Photon Forge and Disengage Photon Forge count as toolbelt skills and will work with related traits. Both skills can proc weapon swap sigils too.
This is where most of the damage comes from
- Although the auto attack chain got significant nerfs in March 2018, it's still a decent source of cleave damage under the effect of Quickness.
- will be used to maintain permanent Swiftness and Vigor (through ), keep using this skill out of combat as well but don't build too much heat (manage with dodges accordingly). Holo Leap also does considerable damage while in combat.
- will be the primary source of Stability in the build and an important source of Might, granting up to 5 stacks per use. There's a second attack too which goes off after a short delay. This should be the VERY FIRST SKILL you use after entering holo mode.
- Stability won't be applied unless you hit at least one enemy.
- can be useful for reaching targets trying to escape, otherwise it should only be used if you can make sure that all of its projectiles are going to land (for example if the target is CC'd).
- is an excellent AoE CC and also a Blast Finisher. You can also fake cast it by stowing your weapon right after activation in order to bait enemy dodges.
- The only sources of cleansing in the build are , , and .
- Both of the Gadgets in the build cleanse specific conditions. While under heavy condition pressure, try to use your gadgets before goes off to cleanse as many different conditions as possible.
- Against condition burst 's immunity may just bail you out.
- works well with and should be used as often as possible for free instant damage.
- for the most part should be used preemtively whenever you feel like an enemy burst is going to take you down. The traited version of this skill has an 8 second window where it can save your life.
- This skill synergizes with the Overheat mechanic! You could either activate A.E.D. if you accidentally overheat at low health, or even overheat on purpose to trigger A.E.D. in case your opponent is trying to play around it by not attacking you.
- is a mobility skill with few combat applications. Feel free to use it if you wish to cut down on travel time between capture points, or if you're on low HP and need to disengage in a blink of an eye.
- Toolbelt skills grant Vigor, and you deal 10% increased damage while affected by this boon.
- can be used offensively especially above 50 heat. Standing in melee range causes all 3 parts of to hit the same target.
- is the go-to panic button in the build, making you immortal for the time being. Beside just avoiding cerain death, this elixir's also useful for stomping enemies or reviving allies without any risk of interrupts. As this is the only stun break in this build, do not use it carelessly!
- is the only source of Stealth in the build, and it's AoE. There are plenty of situations where stealth can be a powerful thing to have. These include hiding allies who are being stomped thus saving them, removing pressure from yourself by turning invisible, or concealing your movement before an engagement to catch enemies off-guard.
- , and are valuable CCs for setting up burst combos.
- Enable skill retargetting (under general options, combat/movement section). This lets you cast facing target A, potentially bait out a dodge, then switch over to target B just before the skill goes off and hit that target. Alternatively, just stow your weapon if the target dodges in order to not send the skill on full CD.
- A few burst combo examples:
- is the only true long range damge skill you've got. It's mostly used as a filler for ranged poking when you've got nothing better to do.
- 's damage is negligible, this skill's primary purpose is to set up burst or CC chains with the Immobilize.
- is best used in melee range where it inflicts rather heavy AoE damage.
- Note: this skill is NOT a projectile and cannot be reflected!
- can knock downed enemies off of capture points, bleeding them out while you cap thus delaying their respawn. If taken, could do the same, but that'd be a waste of cooldowns (except if there are enemies trying to revive their downed, in that case your elite can pressure all of them while interrupting the rez attempt even if they had Stability by launching the downed player far enough to cancel the channeling).
- is good for 3 things: mobility (both in and out of combat), pressure (the second part of the skill deals some heavy AoE damage), and interacting with combo fields as this is a Leap finisher.