Holosmith - Melee Conversion Holosmith
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Melee Conversion Holo - a durable node holder with more teamfight presence than spellbreaker.
- Superior Rune of Leadership(1): +8 to All Stats (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +12 to All Stats (4): +10% Boon Duration (5): +16 to All Stats (6): +10% Boon Duration; when you use an elite skill, convert up to 3 conditions into boons of all nearby allies. (Cooldown: 45 seconds)
- Superior Rune of the Monk(1): +25 Healing Power (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Healing Power (4): +10% Boon Duration (5): +100 Healing Power (6): +10% outgoing heal effectiveness to allies, +1% outgoing heal effectiveness for 3 seconds whenever granting a boon to an ally (max 10)for a potentially interesting alternative)
Elite specialization basics
- Holosmith grants access to the Photon Forge (sometimes referred to as holo mode) and introduces a new resource: heat. Heat is generated passively while the forge is active, or by activating forge skills. Higher CD skills generally generate more heat.
- Reaching maximum heat (150) should be avoided as overheating damages you and locks you out of the forge until heat goes back to 0 (you don't get any of the healing from ). Going above 100 heat will grant you a great source of might from.
- is used to activate the forge, after which your weapon skills will be replaced by 5 new ones. You can't exit the forge for at least 5 seconds, so be careful about reentering with high heat levels, you also get a nice condition converter when you leave photon forge (based on your heat levels just like your sword skills) thanks to.
This is where a good chunk of the damage comes from
- Although the auto attack chain got significant nerfs in March 2018, it can still do considerable cleave damage especially with Quickness.
- will be used to maintain permanent Swiftness and Vigor (through), keep using this skill out of combat as well but don't build too much heat. Holo Leap also does considerable damage while in combat. Keep in mind that this is a Leap Finisher, so always try to combo it with either a Light Field for Light Aura or a Water Field for healing, you can also combine it with an Ice field for
- will be the only source of Stability in the build and a good source of Might, granting up to 5 stacks per use. There's a second attack too which goes off after a short delay. This should be the first skill you use after entering holo mode.
- can be useful for reaching targets trying to escape, but won't be used much.
- is an excellent AoE CC and also a Blast Finisher. You can also fake cast it by stowing your weapon right after activation in order to bait enemy dodges.
- Leaving photon forge with a good amount of heat gives you access to a lot of healing from .
Sword and Shield
Sword has a great auto attack chain that deals good damage (its damage increases with heat tiers you reach) and reduces the cooldown of the other sword skills, they're also all improved with heat tiers, especially when above 100 heat thanks to
- is only really ever worth using above 100 heat, since the damage is incredibly mediocre under 50, barely average between 50 and 100, but great above 100.
- is a really great source of quickness above 100 heat, and decent over 50 heat.
- is a great projectile reflect that can be used for CC and/or a blast with.
- is a great way to block and get rid of stability from attacking foes, while also interrupting skills like, while also giving you access to
- There is a lot of cleansing (that will convert conditions into boons thanks to ) in the build, they are:,combined with protection you apply to yourself from,andcombined with; as well as, and finally Light Field blasting (you get a light field from).
- If you want access to more frequent cleansing, consider picking up the turret instead of detonating it, you'll lose a bit of healing in exchange for 25% CD reduction.
- Alternatively, detonating the turret in sacrifices some AoE healing but cleanses one additional condition.
- Your gives you access to many fields, including a pulsing blind and light field from, which is great to mitigate damage from warriors in, who you'll be facing often while holding node, you also get an ice field withto use leaps and blasts onto to give you
- , its toolbelt skill, andare Water Fields.
- Aim to only use above 50 heat to increase its effectiveness.
- ,andcan CC people long enough to set up a burst.
- You can stack a lot of healing with your pulsing heals from ,, and Regeneration.
- Both Engage Photon Forge and Disengage Photon Forge can proc weapon swap sigils, and so can your kits.
- Twitch: Lycarous