Holosmith - Elixir Rifle
(Redirected from Holosmith - Static Elixirs)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
An sPvP Holosmith damage build suitable for fights of any size.
There are two viable choices:
- Elixir X - with all the CD reductions from various traits this becomes a rather spammable elite. Potentially having Rampage on a ~40 second cooldown is a powerful thing.
- Prime Light Beam - decent unblockable damage and CC, many burst combos can be built around it.
- Adrenal Implant sacrifices Quickness uptime for more sustain through evasion and better Power Wrench synergy.
Annulment can be replaced by:
Elite specialization basics
- Holosmith grants access to the Photon Forge (sometimes referred to as holo mode) and introduces a new resource: heat. Heat is generated passively while the forge is active, or by activating forge skills. Higher CD skills generally generate more heat.
- Reaching maximum heat (100) should be avoided as Overheating damages you and locks you out of the forge until heat goes back to 0. The best tool for heat management is dodge rolling, which vents 15 heat per roll via Thermal Release Valve and does some moderate AoE damage.
- Engage Photon Forge is used to activate the forge, after which your weapon skills will be replaced by 5 new ones. You can't exit the forge for at least 5 seconds, so be careful about reentering with high heat levels.
- Both Engage Photon Forge and Disengage Photon Forge count as toolbelt skills and will work with related traits. Both skills can proc weapon swap sigils too.
This is where most of the damage comes from
- Although the auto attack chain got significant nerfs in March 2018, it can still do considerable cleave damage especially with Quickness.
- Holo Leap will be used to maintain permanent Swiftness and Vigor (through Invigorating Speed), keep using this skill out of combat as well but don't build too much heat (manage with dodges accordingly). Holo Leap also does considerable damage while in combat. Keep in mind that this is a Leap Finisher, so always try to combo it with a Water Field for healing.
- Corona Burst will be the primary source of Stability in the build and an important source of Might, granting up to 5 stacks per use. There's a second attack too which goes off after a short delay. This should be the VERY FIRST SKILL you use after entering holo mode.
- Stability won't be applied unless you hit at least one enemy.
- Photon Blitz can be useful for reaching targets trying to escape, otherwise it should only be used if you can make sure that all of its projectiles are going to land (for example if the target is CC'd).
- Holographic Shockwave is an excellent AoE CC and also a Blast Finisher. You can also fake cast it by stowing your weapon right after activation in order to bait enemy dodges.
- The only sources of cleansing in the build are Healing Turret, Prismatic Converter and .
- If you want access to more frequent cleansing, consider picking up the turret instead of detonating it, you'll lose a bit of healing in exchange for 25% CD reduction.
- Against condition burst Elixir S's immunity can bail you out.
- Both Healing Turret and its toolbelt skill Regenerating Mist are Water Fields.
- Toolbelt skills grant Vigor, and you deal 10% increased damage while affected by this boon.
- Photon Wall can be used offensively especially above 50 heat. Standing in melee range all 3 parts of 24px Launch Wall can hit the same target.
- Elixir U is first and foremost an anti-CC skill. Use it to break out of stuns, or burst targets with Quickness without the risk of being interrupted thanks to the Stability.
- Elixir S is the go-to panic button in the build, making you immortal for the time being. Beside just avoiding cerain death, this elixir's also useful for stomping enemies or reviving allies without any risk of interrupts.
- Toss Elixir S is the only source of Stealth in the build, and it's AoE. There are plenty of situations where stealth can be a powerful thing to have. These include hiding allies who are being stomped thus saving them, removing pressure from yourself by turning invisible, or concealing your movement before an engagement to catch enemies off-guard.
- Net Shot, Overcharged Shot and Prime Light Beam can CC people long enough to set up a burst.
- When it comes to Elixir X you're really just fishing for the Rampage proc, and Power Wrench allows for more frequent gambling. Tornado isn't very desireable, usually you should quit this form in a few seconds after blowing skills 4-5 which are good for interrupting people or even decapping.
- A few burst combo examples:
- Hip Shot is the only true long range damge skill you've got. It's mostly used as a filler for ranged poking when you've got nothing better to do.
- Net Shot's damage is negligible, this skill's primary purpose is to set up burst or CC chains with the Immobilize.
- Blunderbuss is best used in melee range where it inflicts rather heavy AoE damage.
- Note: this is a frontal cone AoE skill, which means it's going to hit targets in a cone, even through walls! This skill is NOT a projectile and cannot be reflected.
- Overcharged Shot can knock downed enemies off of capture points, bleeding them out while you cap thus delaying their respawn. If taken, Prime Light Beam could do the same, but that'd be a waste of cooldowns (except if there are enemies trying to revive their downed, in that case your elite can pressure all of them while interrupting the rez attempt even if they had Stability by launching the downed player far enough to cancel the channeling).
- Jump Shot is good for 3 things: mobility (both in and out of combat), pressure (the second part of the skill deals some heavy AoE damage), and interacting with combo fields such as Regenerating Mist (it's a Leap finisher).