Holosmith - Toolbox Condition
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Holosmith build for running around in open world. This build constantly juggles between different skill bars which provide it with a lot of sustained damage and utility skills. Compared to Engineer - Toolbox Condition, it has better burst damage and crowd control but very slightly worse damage over time.
- Utility Skills
- - better than when fighting moving targets.
- Elite Skills
- - provides a pulsing blind and a water field.
- - if taking a lot of damage from enemies.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- This build uses the same gear as the Holosmith - Condi DPS build for fractals and raids.
- can be used over
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- You can use Rabid stats as a cheaper option while you're working your way up to Viper, or if you prefer having more toughness. You lose some damage but gain a moderate increase to survivability.
- can be used over
- Bringer pistols are superior to Rabid for this build.
- ,, orfor damage.
- Can't find such food "super veggie pizza"! Please refer to our food index. for an extremely cheap expertise food.
- is a fantastic food for farming open world. It's cheap, provides a moderate boost to both damage and survivability, and increases magic find significantly.
- for more healing.
- is a great option when you do not need any extra damage or sustain.
- is a cheap and efficient option.
- Condition Engineer has a lot of skills that can be intimidating to memorize. The easiest way to play it is to learn which of your skills deal the most damage, and rotate through your kits over and over using these skills whenever you see them available.
- Pistols: , ,
- Grenade Kit: , ,
- Bomb Kit: ,
- Flamethrower: , ,
- Remember that will knock enemies back. Don't knock them out of your own damaging fields by accident.
- and also provide good damage and should be used whenever available.
- is mainly useful for and , which inflict a lot of burst damage. However, you shouldn't stay in it as it locks you out of your damaging skills. Get into Photon Forge, quickly use your skills, then swap out of Photon Forge.
- While stuck in Photon Forge, you will want to spam and to get as much heat as possible without overheating. This is because lets you convert excess heat to burning damage, and becomes a strong pulsing damage skill when used over 50 heat.
- When out of combat, you can run around in Photon Forge to build up heat. This lets you have over 50 heat at the start of every fight.
- The advantage Condition Holosmith has over its Core Engineer counterpart is burst damage. This build puts out strong burst with and followed by , , , and/or . Prioritize these skills when fighting groups of trash mobs, where your conditions aren't likely to tick for their full duration.
- This build's main form of defense is crowd control. , , and are all powerful crowd control skills that let you fight enemies on your own terms.
- You have access to a lot of blinds with , , , and . You also get if you equip . This makes it possible to maintain almost permanent blind on enemies, nullifying their damage against you.
- A lot of the skills in this build also work from mid-range, so an option is to kite enemies with grenades and pistol skills while staying out of their melee attacks.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- The healing from and can sustain you through minor damage.
- You can pick up for a cooldown reduction, or detonate it to blast the water field for more healing. and Holographic Shockwave are more blast finishers you can use.
- Never leave your Healing Turret out: the healing you get from the passive regeneration is worse than if you pick it up and put it down again.
- cleanses conditions. If you're having trouble with conditions, you can slot .