Mirage - A/P Deadshot
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
To be added.
Elite specialization basics
- Dodge rolling is replaced by Mirage Cloak, which is more or less the same thing but allows you to cast skills and grants access to ambush attacks over its duration: for Axe and for Staff. Ambush skills replace the autoattack of the weapons for 1.5 seconds.
- Pressing dodge grants Superspeed and Regeneration (which reduces incoming condition duration while it lasts thanks to ). makes it so that whenever you gain Mirage Cloak, your clones are also going to receive it with all benefits including access to ambush attacks - it can even make your clones evade skills such as , denying your opponent various bonuses.
- You can dodge while CC'd.
- The build has very poor access to condition cleansing, limited only to and . Try to play it safe against condition specs: outrange them with staff, chain evade frames in melee, etc.
- creates a new clone whenever you dodge.
- is useful for just about everything:
- Defense: evasion + teleport to a random location + target break, quite convenient when you're being focused by the enemy team.
- Offense: free ambush attack for you and all your clones.
- Mobility: it's a 1.2k range gapcloser afterall as you'll be teleported to a location near the target.
- While this skill does not break stun, it can be used while CC'd.
- Besides cleansing conditions while at the same time pressuring your opponent with them, is also useful for boon removal/stacking in general, for example getting rid of their Resistance or stealing Vigor for synergy.
- may not seem like much, but versatility is its main selling point:
- Instantly cleanses a condition.
- It's basically a budget . Excellent vertical mobility plus useful for getting out of harm's way even while CC'd.
- As a leap finisher Jaunt has combo potential when used in .
- The Confusion is instant extra pressure.
- When used in the middle of , Jaunt cancels the movement portion of this skill allowing the Mirage to spin in place, making it easier to hit the target with all 3 strikes.
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement).
- Make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted when doing this!
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, mobility, and sustained damage.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants . Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- The build heavily relies on keeping up pressure constantly by spawning clones through and making them unload ambush attacks via .
- synergy plays a big part in this build and much of the build's pressure comes from this trait. Although it's a passive trait, there's some depth to it:
- is one of the skills that benefit the most from this trait, but there's a catch - your clones must be alive when the axes hit the target in order to apply Bleeding. If the clones are killed or shattered before the axes deal damage, only the Torment is applied.
- With a little luck could stack nearly 20 stacks of bleeding on its own.
- Try to use your Shatters with at least 1 or 2 active clones, preferably after doing an ambush attack with them. Being in melee range causes more damage, as these skills count the caster as another clone.
- is by far your strongest shatter skill when it comes to burst damage.
Example of a smaller burst
- for damage and to spawn a clone at the end of the animation
- Dodge ~halfway through the animation to avoid interruption and to spawn a clone via
- while facing the target (this is important!)
- with your 2 clones
Example of an extended burst combo