Reaper - Epidemic
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Epidemic Reaper brings very high area damage and significant boon corruption. The build does require team support to compensate for its low mobility but also scales extremely well from any conditions its allies apply.
- "Chilled to the Bone!" Short CD strong AoE stun
- Lich Form Long CD, but very strong AoE boonrip if a defensive option is not needed.
- Path of Corruption - More frequent boon corruption at the cost of increased CDs.
- Weakening Shroud - More frequent boon corruption at the cost of sustain.
- Dhuumfire - Damage at the cost of CC vulnerability.
- Chilling Nova - Damage at the cost of CC vulnerability.
- Add more Viper's to increase damage, more Trailblazer's to increase survivability.
- Dire can be a cheaper option, but provides much lower damage potential.
Food & Consumables
- - Defensive option, recommended.
- - Offensive option.
- - Cheaper Variant.
- Staff auto attacks are low impact and its abilities relatively long cooldowns, so the best use of the weapon is to use its cooldown skills then swap out as soon as possible.
- Use Mark of Blood and Chilblains to build area condi stacks.
- Putrid Mark and Reaper's Mark usage should be more careful, don't be afraid to leave them off cooldown when swapping back to S/D.
- Putrid Curse is an excellent filler that can be spammed while waiting for your CDs. The final attack corrupts a boon, which can be quite punishing for any opponent especially ones with pulsing Stability like other Reapers in Shroud.
- Grasping Dead and Enfeebling Blood both deal significant AoE damage, but can be difficult to land. Consider saving these skills to set up an Epidemic on a downed player.
- Feast of Corruption adds more torment the more conditions your target has, up to 5 extra stacks. Try to get the most you can, but don't hold on to the skill for too long.
- Deathly Swarm Another of your anti-condition skills, avoid using this for damage in most cases.
- Aim to focus a target with your team, making use of Corrupt Boon and Putrid Curse to remove their boons while building condition pressure. Use Epidemic when an enemy has a large amount of condition stacks.
- Try to save your Corrupt Boon to hit critical boons such as Stability and Resistance.
- Corrosive Poison Cloud and Well of Corruption both provide significant pressure to players trying to rez downed targets. Try to only use these skills in situations where most of their damage can land, such as downed or CCed players.
- Landing Epidemic successfully is critical.
- If you start a rez or stomp before activating Plague it will continue while you benefit from the stability and increased defenses of the skill.
- "Chilled to the Bone!" can be used to bait out dodges by stowing your weapon right after starting to channel the skill in order to cancel it - it'll only go on a ~5s CD but the entire animation will play.
- Soul Spiral along with Corrosive Poison Cloud are your best on demand sources of poison. Use them to prevent rezzes on downed players.
- Combo Frost Aura whenever you can by using Death's Charge in the Ice Field created by Executioner's Scythe.
- Executioner's Scythe ⇒ Soul Spiral this combo gives extremely high burst damage.