Reaper - Power DPS
(Redirected from Reaper - Greatsword/X)
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Reaper is a self-sufficient AoE DPS class that gets better the less experienced its group is.
- Reaper's niche is that it has a huge health pool for a DPS class, and sustains very high personal Quickness, Might, and critical chance. It also brings heavy CC and Vulnerability similar to Holosmith - Power DPS. This makes it one of the best "solo carry" DPS classes, and it's very strong in disorganized groups that don't have dedicated supports providing Quickness, Might, Fury, and so on. However, its effectiveness falls off in organized and experienced groups as its DPS is weak compared to other fully buffed DPS classes.
- Apart from DPS, Reaper can provide solid party support through AoE Protection and , and can bring utilities likeandto a dungeon/fractal group. It is also capable of stripping boons if needed.
Use Focus offhand for additional boonstrip.
Use Dagger offhand for a blind and condition cleanse.
- - better DPS thanif you and your teammates have no trouble maintaining thebonus.
- - if conditions are a problem.
- When swapping out utility skills, replace Signet Passive: Improves power.
Signet Active: Inflict bleeding, blindness, crippled, poison, vulnerability, and weakness on your foe.
- - better DPS thanif using Curses Variant. Also useful if you need Immobilize.
- - better burst damage and cleave than
- - AoE pull for easier cleaving. Also helps with chill uptime.
- - destroys projectiles.
- - 1200 range teleport. Can also bodyblock certain projectiles (e.g. Old Tom's poison whirl).
- - AoE blind, useful if party members are downing to trash.
- - AoE stability and condition cleanse.
- - transfers conditions and helps with chill uptime.
- - if the party lacks might.
- - swiftness for skips (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง
- - better burst damage than. Also useful for soloing Thaumanova heat room with your massive health pool.
- - if area CC is needed.
Standard Soul Reaping Variant
- Spite and Reaper are mandatory as they provide massive dps boosts. Soul Reaping is the standard third trait line, as it offers the best personal DPS with and.
- if vulnerability is lacking.
Blood Magic Variant
- Blood Magic instead of Soul Reaping sacrifices personal DPS for sustain and party support. This is useful if your group struggles to stay above 90% health to maintain bonus, and your Protection andare needed.
- if teammates are going down a lot.
- Curses is a more condition focused variant which adds very high Blind and Chill uptime. This offers lower DPS most of the time, but can be worth it if you have a) Holosmiths with or Thieves with; and b) dedicated supports to cover the loss of Quickness and critical chance.
- When running the Curses variant you should take andin Reaper. You should also takeinstead ofas its autoattack is a projectile finisher that will apply Chill.
- If running Blood Magic or Soul Reaping variant, your crit chance is maxed out from which causes you to overcap if you have Fury,, or. If you are confident in 100% uptime of these buffs, feel free to replace Berserker's gear with Valkyrie's for a small increase in survivability and life force.
- Note that the "wasted" precision is still converted to power by
- or slaying sigils if you can benefit from the bonus.
- The logic behind this rotation is to constantly cast ,, and.andshould be timed withto benefit from the extra ferocity from. Other damage skills such asandare used to fill downtime.
- Opening Rotation
- Loop Rotation
- With the Curses variant, the added damage from makes axe never worth swapping to, so the rotation only uses greatsword and shroud. In addition, the build gains a significant amount of DPS from, which it procs using the ice field fromcombined with the whirl finisher from.
- Opening Rotation
- and immediatelyand enter
- in the ice field
- Loop Rotation
- Prioritize >>> autoattack until all these skills are on cooldown andis available
- if available, and immediately cancel into...
- If possible, andin the ice field
- If not,
- If possible,
- Use andoff cooldown.
- Always whirl inside the boss so you hit with every whirl finisher from .
Below 50% Health
- When the boss is below 50% health, your rotation changes due to having no cooldown. Just spamover and over, adding,,, and(in shroud) whenever available.
- If running Curses you should also continue using .
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- If running Curses you also shouldn't interrupt your greatsword autoattack chain.
- If not running Curses, feel free to interrupt your greatsword autoattack chain, as the third hit is a DPS loss unless you need the Chill.
- In real fights, you won't always be able to make full use of because taking damage in Shroud will reduce your remaining life force. Anticipate this and break your rotation if needed so that you can build up enough life force to resume the normal rotation.
- Try to make sure you are above 90% health before going into so that you benefit from. This is because you can't get healed while in. It's worth delaying your shroud by a little bit if you know that you're going to be healed soon.
- Whenever you you can use it to cancel the animation of the last autoattack for a slight DPS increase.
- If possible, bind a key to Stow Weapon and use it to cancel the animation of immediately after the damage number appears. This shaves 200-300 ms off the activation time, which translates to a big DPS increase when the boss is under 50%.
- andhave long aftercasts so try to always cancel them with another skill or a weapon swap.
- In fights with adds or trash mobs, you can reset 's cooldown by hitting adds under 50% health. Take advantage of this to push out morecasts while the boss is over 50% health.
- On some bosses, you can prestack marks with a staff for slightly better burst damage when the fight begins. You can do this on Siax, Skorvald, Viirastra/Artsariiv, Mursaat Overseer, Slothasor, Samarog, Gorseval, Vale Guardian, and Keep Construct.
- If playing Blood Magic variant, remember to tag enemies with so you get the extra damage and healing from.
- Use orfor boonstrip.
- Since has no cast time, you can weave it in during your shroud rotation for stability and damage reduction.
- You can jump as you cast , thenfor a long jump.