Reaper - Wells Midline
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Excellent AoE coverage via Wells and Marks, this high-damage necromancer build was designed for large scale WvW encounters. As the walking artillery of your group, whose main contribution will be in the form of damage, you should build as offensively as possible to output the maximum amount of damage.
- Swap Axe/Warhorn to Greatsword for a strong AoE soft CC and downed pressure at the cost of single target damage.
- Swap Staff to Greatsword for GvG.
- "Your Soul Is Mine!" higher healing output but no condition clear.
- ⇒ "Rise!" additional damage reduction if you feel that a stunbreak is not needed.
- ⇒ "Suffer!" versus heavy condition pressure, also brings decent soft CC.
- ⇒ "You Are All Weaklings!" take with Blighter's Boon for a Stunbreak and sustain
- ⇒ Corrupt Boon single target focus.
- "Chilled to the Bone!" lower CD, strong against enemies with poor Stability
- Plague defensive option.
- Augury of Death if running "Your Soul Is Mine!" and other shouts.
- Chilling Victory defensive option, take with Blighter's Boon
- Blighter's Boon significant sustain increase at the cost of shroud damage
- Change Cavalier's to Valkyrie's for more damage and vice versa for more defense.
- Keep Death Perception in mind while determining crit chance.
- The character sheet is bugged and shows 1% less crit chance than is actually there. Aim for 29% unbuffed.
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- Use Chilblains and Mark of Blood to chill enemies and build life force.
- After using your wells enter Reaper's Shroud to gain Death Perception.
- Lich Form can also be used, since it has an unlisted 1000 precision (47.6% Crit) bonus.
- Once your weapon skills are on cooldown and you have enough life force (the value depends on the situation) it's time to go along the melee train.
- Use Locust Swarm and Unholy Feast, then switch to Reaper's Shroud. Use Death's Charge to engage then follow up with Executioner's Scythe to CC and Soul Spiral for great damage and chilling bolts. Continue until you get low on life force or your wells are back up. At this point leave shroud, using Wail of Doom and Unholy Feast as you disengage.
- Your staff's Marks and Necrotic Grasp will be your main ranged option.
- Don't spam Putrid Mark or Reaper's Mark off cooldown. Putrid Mark's condition transfer can save your life if your other condition removal skills are unavailable. Using Reaper's Mark to interrupt enemies' melee train pushes, key skills (healing, Banner Standard, Meteor Shower, etc.), and stomps on your downed allies is very beneficial, but make sure they don't have stability.
- Axe is shorter range and more single target focused than staff. Rending Claws and Ghastly Claws are great for singling out enemies.
- Greatsword's melee range abilities require careful usage, only engage when safe.
- Gravedigger has a cooldown reset on downed players.
- Nightfall and Grasping Darkness are helpful to disrupt the enemy melee train and very safe to use compared to the greatswords melee range abilities.