Reaper - Wells Midline
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Excellent AoE coverage via Wells and Marks, this high-damage necromancer build was designed for large scale WvW encounters. As the walking artillery of your group, whose main contribution will be in the form of damage, you should build as offensively as possible to output the maximum amount of damage.
- Swap Axe/Warhorn to Greatsword for a strong AoE soft CC and downed pressure at the cost of single target damage.
- Swap Staff to Greatsword for GvG.
- higher healing output but no condition clear.
- ⇒ additional damage reduction if you feel that a stunbreak is not needed.
- ⇒ versus heavy condition pressure, also brings decent soft CC.
- ⇒ take with Blighter's Boon for a Stunbreak and sustain
- ⇒ single target focus.
- lower CD, strong against enemies with poor Stability
- defensive option.
- for a high damage single target boonrip.
- additional AoE boonrip.
- if running and other shouts.
- defensive option, take with Blighter's Boon
- significant sustain increase at the cost of shroud damage
- Change Cavalier's to Valkyrie's for more damage and vice versa for more defense.
- Keep in mind while determining crit chance.
- The character sheet is bugged and shows 1% less crit chance than is actually there. Aim for 29% unbuffed.
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- Use and to chill enemies and build life force.
- After using your wells enter to gain .
- can also be used, since it has an unlisted 1000 precision (47.6% Crit) bonus.
- Once your weapon skills are on cooldown and you have enough life force (the value depends on the situation) it's time to go along the melee train.
- Use and , then switch to Reaper's Shroud. Use to engage then follow up with to CC and for great damage and chilling bolts. Continue until you get low on life force or your wells are back up. At this point leave shroud, using and as you disengage.
- Your staff's Marks and will be your main ranged option.
- Don't spam or off cooldown. 's condition transfer can save your life if your other condition removal skills are unavailable. Using to interrupt enemies' melee train pushes, key skills (healing, Banner Standard, Meteor Shower, etc.), and stomps on your downed allies is very beneficial, but make sure they don't have stability.
- Axe is shorter range and more single target focused than staff. and are great for singling out enemies.
- Greatsword's melee range abilities require careful usage, only engage when safe.
- has a cooldown reset on downed players.
- and are helpful to disrupt the enemy melee train and very safe to use compared to the greatswords melee range abilities.
- Make sure to use Shroud yourself with dark armor that grants stability every second. You may shatter this armor to fear foes around you.