Scourge - Condi Scourge
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Skill Bar
- 3 Specializations
- 4 Equipment
- 5 Minion Scourge
- 6 Consumables
- 7 Usage
A standard condition scourge build which is capable of soloing almost all Open World Content and even some dungeons and fractals. This build focuses on very high sustain and condition removal and typically has a more attrition-based playstyle.
Due to this builds low burst it can sometimes be sub-par for zergs but will generally function well. It is primarily geared towards a solo playstyle.
- Staff - Helps when tagging mobs in zergs.
- Offhand Warhorn - Can increase sustain at the cost of condition removal.
- Healing Skills
- - sustained healing.
- - strong group support if running Blood Magic.
- Utility Skills
- - for area damage
- - dps
- - destroys projectiles.
- Elite Skills
- - more damage.
Soul Reaping Variant
For a moderate boost to damage at the cost of defense, you can opt to take Soul Reaping in place of Death Magic.
Some situations may call for you to alter the equipment above. Keep in mind that this equipment is recommended as a guide and is not set in stone; feel free to experiment with other equipment that may suit your needs better. It is also perfectly acceptable to mix and match different stats in your gear in many situations. For this build, full Trailblazer's is generally the strongest option.
- Viper's - offers much higher burst, and thus better zerging capability, at a massive cost to defense.
- Dire , Rabid's - decent budget options
- Plaguedoctor's - a very powerful alternative to Trailblazer which will reduce your damage but massively boost your sustain.
- See the Plaguedoctor Variant below for more information.
- Avoid Sinister's and Grieving as the sets listed above are stronger.
- - extremely powerful defensive option; use only with Trailblazer's , Rabid's , or Dire gear.
- - condition duration rune, strong alternative to and easier to obtain.
- - powerful defensive rune against conditions
- - drastically increase sustain at the cost of damage.
You can afford to get creative with the sigils in this build. In general you want to focus on sigils which provide offense, like the ones listed in the Standard Variant, or sigils which provide high defense.
- - more dodges, less dying.
- - even more condition removal
Thanks to the extremely high barrier capabilities that scourge possesses, the Plaguedoctor's set allows us to run an extremely high sustain healing build. This sacrifices a considerable amount of damage, however, which is worth considering when deciding to craft an expensive gear set.
- , , , - all valid alternative runes
- Editor's Note - The Plaguedoctor scourge variant has not been fully vetted yet and should be considered experimental for now.
While Minion Scourge is a popular build, it primarily exists to provide a more laid back playstyle and cannot generally contend with harder content such as Path of Fire Bounties. That said, it does provide an excellent alternative to those who like to autopilot through farming and deserves a mention in this guide.
To play Minion Scourge, make the simple changes below:
Fill your bar with minion summons, avoiding unless it is used for teleports. If you opt to drop one of your summons for a skill such as , it is advise to remove .
The minion variant's traits are much the same as above. Make the swaps in Death Magic listed below.
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- , , or
- Scourge is very straightforward to deal damage with, just maintain your shades at all times and press your skills off cooldown. You don't have to weapon swap unless you need skills from Dagger.
- Use either or to transfer the self-inflicted conditions from to your enemies.
- Use after stacking conditions on your target to spread them to nearby targets.
- , , and can be used to cleanse conditions.
- If you have trouble surviving, you can trait .
- If you go down just use to get back up.