Scourge - Spite Scourge
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Scourge build focusing on direct burst damage.
- - if conditions aren't a problem.
- - if more condition cleansing is needed.
- - stun break and more condition management.
- - AoE pressure.
- - a single target, more frequently available, burstier version of Well of Corruption.
Elite specialization basics
- is replaced by shade skills, but shroud related traits still work. Life force (LF) is no longer drained passively or upon taking damage, but instead serves as a resource used by F2-5 skills (F1, which places the shade, is free).
- Because of only one shade can be active at a time in exchange for a far bigger radius. still retains 3 charges, and you can move it freely if needed (or if you want to trigger effects that take place upon placing a shade such as Can't find such trait "Unending Corruption"! Please refer to our trait index).
- Even with no active shades you can make full use of your kit, as F2-5 skills also go off around the caster. The effects however do not stack - if the target is in range of both the caster and the shade, he won't get hit twice by the same skill.
- and will be activated by .
- Take advantage of the 100% crit chance you have while is activate to land burst. Activate right away and throw in a couple of shade skills too if you have the chance (as they are all instant you can sync up the burst nicely, if there's enough LF).
- Do not spam your staff marks on the ground while out of combat, as a single dodge can undo them all. Placing on chokes to detect enemies crossing in stealth is fine however, as it's a rather short CD and weak one.
- Scourge mobility is rather bad, so try to make use of the terrain with proper positioning. Make it hard for enemies to reach you especially ranged ones - pillars are your second best friend, right after a bunker Firebrand.
- The build only has 1 mass cleanse by default: (2 if you took , 3 with ). Hold onto it as long as you can.
- Each weapon set has an unblockable CC: on axe/warhorn and on staff.
- Consider using before your heal for the Stability while under heavy pressure.
- is a rather powerful skill, but also easily avoidable. Don't just drop it randomly at the start of the fight, wait for the right moment - look for a situation where you can make your opponent overcommit. Place it on enemies trying to revive their downed teammate, or under yourself on low HP to scare them off.
Life force management
- As your shade skills cost LF, being efficient at managing this resource will be crucial for both your damage and sustain. We're going to list all the sources and provide a few tips for getting the most out of them.
- All staff skills generate life force:
- is a rather weak skill and there's no way you'll be able to use it much under any pressure. It does however generate 5% LF per target hit, and you should use it for the occasional ranged poking. Alternatively, right after you won a fight (and no enemies are nearby who could rez their downed allies) you can use the downed bodies as batteries and just spam staff autos at them for a substantial amount of free life force.
- Marks are unblockable and generate 3% LF each. Skills 2-3 can be used freely for just pressure and LF building, while skills 4-5 are more powerful and should be kept for the proper occasion (skill #4 for mass cleansing and #5 for interrupting).
- On axe/warhorn the only one worth mentioning is , which is part of your burst combo.
- isn't tied to any weapon and you have 2 of this in the build, one on your bar and the other as a proc from Can't find such trait "Last Gasp"! Please refer to our trait index. This is an excellent defensive tool as it breaks stun, applies Protection and generates LF for defensive abilities while under pressure. Keep in mind that these do not stack, using Spectral Armor after a Last Gasp proc will just override it.
- Finally, boon removal (not just corruption, but any kind of removal including some of your sigil effects) grants 5% per boon on a 5s CD via Can't find such trait "Nourishing Rot"! Please refer to our trait index. You can corrupt boons with on axe, , (via the trait ), or any of your Punishment skills (heal, elite, etc).