Scrapper - Altruism Scrapper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A support Scrapper build for WvW that provides massive condition conversion and modest AoE support.
- for the toolbelt skill cleanse if you take .
- AoE CC, might share and a blast finisher. Stunbreak and AoE superspeed on toolbelt.
- if additional smoke field is needed.
- AoE CC. Stunbreak and self superspeed on toolbelt.
- access to AoE stealth and a personal invuln.
- provides a stunbreak and Stability. Stunbreak and AoE superspeed on toolbelt.
- for extra group Stability and basic boons on toolbelt.
- For an AoE Revealed from its toolbelt skill.
- if suffering from massive self condition pressure.
- If a bit more sustain is required
- Feast option with additional concentration
- Defensive option with boon duration.
- Defensive option with healing power.
- boon duration option.
- Under General Options / User Interface check "Always show squad health bars" and "Always show party health bars". These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support. "Thick squad health bars" and "Thick party health bars" are up to personal preference.
- Under "Squad Options" uncheck "View as a grid". This will allow you to keep track of your allies' boons, conditions and health, enabling a better decision-making and skill management.
- You will spend most of your downtime swapping in and out of rapidly. This will activate your , which in turn activates on the allies you take the conditions from. Although you will stack your own personal conditions quite high, you have many tools to mitigate this pressure, and can take variant traits and skills to combat this further if you find yourself in danger.
- Try to use your other support skills as normal if there are not conditions threatening your party.
- is where you will spend most of your time (when not proccing Altruism runes)) using for a continuous AoE healing.
- Outside of Med Kit, a great portion of your healing comes from , which coupled with your traits and several outgoing healing modifiers (from sigils and consumables), provides enormous and constant ticking heals to allies.
- , and are key skills since all conditions you cleanse turn into boons through .
- These skills cleanse more than , use them when condition pressure is heavy.
- Superspeed doesn't stack duration and new application will remove the old one even if it is longer duration. Therefore, try to not overlap gyros unless it is necessary. Also blasts finishers on lightning fields will also provide AoE Superspeed, besides the gyro's final pulse, enabling more access to superspeed.
All Gyro skills provide AoE Superspeed, keeping group mobility high and averting slowing conditions. Bear in mind that the superspeed proc isn't immediate. Timing the gyros' usage to proc the superspeed at the right moment is important.
- use it to double rez by activating it from a distance and then helping out manually. It also procs .
- Can also be used for the instantly AoE Superspeed field it gives.
- use to quickly remove conditions and apply AoE superspeed.
- provides a lightning field and 4 seconds of a strong damage reduction for allies, which redirects some of the damage (approximately 35%) to the caster while providing Barrier to him. In severe spikes, it can be dangerous to the Scrapper.
- is one of your strongest defensive cooldowns, providing 3 stacks of Stability and an anti-projectile dome. Use it to disrupt projectile pressure and to fill stability gaps on allies.
- is a very strong skill if coordinated with your group for stealth engages. Also convenient to safely stomp enemies and ressurect allies.
- is your bread and butter healing skill. When paired with Quickness from it brings an even greater healing pressure.
- and grant a substantial healing burst.
- For Bandage Blast, the closer you are to an isolated ally, more bandages can hit him, providing an even stronger healing.
- grants a 300-radius water field which cleanses conditions every pulse. Use it to soften incoming condition pressure from scourge's shades for example.
- abuse the 900-range, place it on spots that your group will be. Also throw it on light, water or lightning fields to benefit from the combo finisher. Synergizes with .
- besides healing the caster, it cleanses, grants Protection and heals nearby allies as well. Can be used to provide a burst heal for allies, but should be saved for personal use.
- Bandage Self usage triggers every healing skill related trait, usage doesn't.
- cleanses conditions on allies only (not on the caster) every pulse. Similar to Firebrand's mantras, it works as a 450-range conal ability, therefore try to position yourself a little behind to maximize the number of affected allies. Usable to go through shade bombs and sustain during heavy enemy engages.
- should be casted off cooldown on spots that your allies will be for more sustain and whenever minor condition clear is needed.
- is a stunbreak and should only be used for that purpose.
- use it whenever a blast finisher is needed. Synergizes with .
- You can use your weapon swap key just after casting to cancel the leap backwards while staying in Elixir Gun.
- For mobility, you can also "About Face" ⇒ ⇒ "About Face".
- High spike damage
- Taking too many conditions on yourself