Soulbeast - Power DPS
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A power DPS Soulbeast build for fractals and raids. This build brings very high burst damage and good CC, making it strong in short fights or fights with burst phases. It also provides heavy Vulnerability and can drop to bring Ranger utility like spirits with little to no DPS loss.
Both Dagger and Axe can replace sword mainhand with almost no changes to the rotation. Sword will produce the highest burst, Dagger will provide better sustained DPS, but Axe mainhand will result in a ~3% DPS loss in fights where you can stay in melee the whole time.
Your second pet usually won't matter, as unmerging is a significant DPS loss, but you should equip a strong CC pet in the slot (such as Juvenile Electric Wyvern) to save your group if CC is really bad.
- Spirits are unique Ranger summons that buff 10 players in a large radius around them.
- In raids: As spirits can affect an entire raid squad, they are extremely powerful in raids and almost all of them provide great benefits to a raid comp.
- In fractals: Spirits are weaker in fractals due to only affecting 5 players, but remain strong buffs that should be taken if possible.
- provides a 5% increase to your squad's power DPS.
- provides a ~5% increase to your squad's condition DPS.
- provides sustained healing to 10 people in a huge radius. This keeps them from dying and sustains theirbonus.
- provides an emergency resurrect that can affect up to 10 people, including yourself.
- provides protection, which again keeps your squadmates from dying and sustains theirbonus.
- As your raid squad will usually have a Druid - Boon Support Healer to handle spirits, you normally won't be expected to slot them. Druids are also better suited to take spirits due to . However if you only have one Druid, or you're running an off-meta comp with no Druids, you can replacewith a spirit to free up your Druid's utility slots and support your team. The party buff provided to your team will outweigh the personal DPS loss.
- Due to the decreasing popularity of Druids in fractals, it's very possible that you will be the only Ranger in a fractal party. In this case you should definitely take over.
Other Skill Variants
- - better burst damage thanin very short damage windows. This skill scales well with power buffs making it great on Keep Construct, Deimos, and Conjured Amalgamate.
- Spirit. Summon a storm spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to apply vulnerability when attacking.- instant 25 Vulnerability and very strong hard CC.
- - if soft CC is needed.
- - AoE stunbreak.
- - helps fill gaps in quickness.
- - more soft CC.
- if not running, which will also help round out boon uptimes.
- is worth running if there are multiple power DPS in your party/subgroup. This is a personal DPS loss but a party DPS increase. Always take it regardless on Keep Construct, Deimos, and Qadim.
- in fractals, due to Agony Resistance conversion into precision.
- in fractals, Slothasor, or Samarog (run full Berserker's stats).
- and Major Sigil of the Night on night time encounters.
- Slaying sigils if applicable.
- Alternatively, feel free to use
- The logic behind this rotation is to use your high burst damage skills ,,, andas much as possible, while syncing the damage buffsandwith your burst.
- Start in Greatsword.
- during the cast
- Weapon swap and go to loop rotation
- Charge (F2), and autoattack untilis off cooldown
- Weapon swap
- Charge (F2), , and autoattack untilis off cooldown
- if available
- Weapon swap and repeat
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- 's cooldown will desync very slightly over time, use it as soon as it comes off cooldown and try to time it with your Worldly Impact/axe rotation.
- Use off cooldown.
- gives an Attack of Opportunity on the next attack, try not to waste it. It has a 4 second cooldown, so with the above, if Sic Em is desynced and has a greater than 4s cooldown, do not hesitate to use it.
- If you are playing one of the non-sword mainhand weapons, you should simply replace sword auto-attacks with the auto-attacks of your chosen mainhand weapon.
- If you are using Axe mainhand should be cast off cooldown in addition to autoattacking.
- If you are using Axe mainhand
- Spirit. Summon a storm spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to apply vulnerability when attacking.
- Charge (F2)