Spellbreaker - GS/Hammer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Spellbreaker PvP build with great mobility, CC, boon removal, and damage.
- over- loses the synergy withbut offers more frequent access to Resistance and fares better against boon removal because Resistance is applied each second instead of only once. In some extreme cases against several condition-based builds Berserker Stance can also replace Endure Pain or Balanced Stance on the bar.
For the optional slot:
- - excellent condition managment tool with group utility (as it's AoE) and two charges.
- - defense against chain-CC and direct damage bursts via immunity to critical strikes.
- - defensive option with boon duration.
- - good stats, plus the 6th bonus stacks withand goes well with Resistance.
Elite specialization basics
- (FC) recharges your Burst skillsand. Always try to use it when you can refresh their duration, except if you're under heavy pressure in which case you can use FC purely for defensive means.
- Always try to make sure Full Counter goes off: briefly move into hostile AoE spells, tank Mesmer clones or Ranger pets, etc.
- FC is both the best defensive and offensive skill in the build as it blocks, evades, grants Resistance / Stability / Protection, and performs an unblockable AoE damage/CC attack when triggered.
- Both burst skills and Full Counter cost adrenaline. If you only need a little more till you can use them then can get you there.
- reduces the CD of weapon swapping to 5 seconds, which keeps gameplay rather fast paced with minimal downtime. As a result you won't be auto attacking much unless you're cleaving a downed enemy.
- The build is low on condition cleansing but makes up for it with Resistance, blocking, and evasion. The only true condition cleansing comes from .
- isn't just a CC but also a great mobility tool in combat.
- is a quick ranged attack with low damage, ideal for getting rid of Blind or Aegis.
- CCing a target removes a boon and deals damage/grants adrenaline via .
- Hold on to as long as possible, but don't hesitate to use it for the Resistance when you're under heavy condition pressure. Boon removal however is rather dangerous as it gets rid of the Resistance which means you sacrificed your heal for nothing, so against specs like Scourges it's advised to disengage or use some blocks to make sure that it stays on and you get to live.
- Set up with eitheroron Hammer.instead.
- All movement skills remove the Immobilized condition - list of movement skills in the build:
- Greatsword: and. These two skills also provide excellent mobility both in and out of combat.
- Hammer: .
- Rampage: ,, and.
These are your main defensive skills.
- As all 3 utility skills on your bar break stun, which can proc , making them useful beyond just their main functions. Keep in mind that this trait doesn't stack in duration, so try not to blow all of your utilities in a matter of seconds (that'd be a bad idea anyways).
- is going to be your emergency tool vs conditions. Against specs with boon removal you should consider disengaging a bit to ensure that it stays on you - Superspeed insreases your movement speed by 50% which makes it excellent for that in general. Alternatively, you can use the superspeed to chase down targets, or in fights where condition damage isn't expected to be a problem (like mirror matches) Featherfoot can still be used to fuel.
- is what you use when direct damage burst is about to hit you. A copy of this skill will occasionally proc from.
- It's often overlooked, but isn't just a great tool vs CC, but also against direct damage as it makes you immune to critical hits.
- is what you use when you want to burst a target, or desperately need mobility to either chase down someone, or run away from a fight.
- doesn't heal whileis active. Therefore you should consider using HS before entering Rampage, which can be quite beneficial as most Rampage skills have long cast times and effects such as Blind can easily shut it down.also works and the superspeed's quite handy as well.