Tempest - Midline Auramancer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Auramancer provides high survivability and team support through auras and group healing.
This set has high healing, high personal sustain and access to more auras, however does not bring the same ground play and cleanse as Staff. This set is better suited for lower numbers or GvG.
Bring Focus for self sustain, Warhorn for higher group support.
- Arcane Power For Elemental Surge Arcane variant.
- Armor of Earth Versatile personal stability
- "Feel the Burn!" Team support defensive option.
- Mist Form Personal defensive option with utility for rez/stomping.
- "Aftershock!" for a smaller AoE Immob but with team support.
- Evasive Arcana higher healing but with no AoE Immobilize.
- Soothing Ice for variants with Powerful Aura.
- Cleansing Wave For non-staff variant.
- Soothing Power Highest over time heals per second at the loss of condition cleanse or burst healing
- Powerful Aura Highest burst healing option, optimal for non-staff variants.
- Stone Heart If you find yourself having issues being focused.
Swap Arcane to Earth for higher Protection uptime and self sustain at the cost of AoE Crowd Control and down control through revival.
- Higher healing over time, but at a massive loss to condition cleanse.
- Defensive option with boon duration.
- This build, whilst a defensive healer, has incredible access to instant CC, mostly by using Arcane Wave in Earth Attunement. This is an instant cast skill, and should be used the moment commanders call for Wells, Shades, or just generally bombing.
- All shouts hit 10 targets, allowing the Tempest to support a lot of people effectively with burst healing, stunbreaks, Superspeed and of course Rebound.
- "Eye of the Storm!" is extremely powerful for on demand superspeed to both engage and disengage.
- "Flash-Freeze!" is a potent AoE heal and Frost Aura application, which also cleanses conditions 2 from 10 targets.
- The best use of "Rebound!" is when it avoids fatal damage and heals you. Use it when you anticipate significant incoming damage on you or an ally.
- "Wash the Pain Away!" Is a very powerful AoE heal for yourself and allies. Try to coordinate it with your allies so they receive each pulse of the channel to maximize the healing.
- You can secure stomps by activating Obsidian Flesh or Mist Form
- You can blast your own water fields with Eruption by either casting Eruption first then quickly swapping to water and using either Geyser or Healing Rain before it goes off or by casting Healing Rain then immediately swapping to water and using Eruption on it.
- Meteor Shower has a long cast time and by the end of it you can find yourself out of position or focused by enemies. You can avoid this in two ways:
- Unsteady Ground's direction is based on your where your character is looking. Turn briefly while casting the skill to aim it and effectevily blocking the passage. Gfycat: See GYF for explaination
- Magnetic Leap is a leap finisher and will give an aura if used in a fire, light or ice field.
- Your blast finishers are: Frozen Burst, Comet (Aim camera directly down without a target selected to drop Comet on yourself), Magnetic Wave and Sand Squall
- Blast finishers can be used on Ice fields to give an aura in an AoE.
- Your auras do not stack in duration, try to avoid overlapping the same aura unless it is absolutely necessary for healing.
- Shocking Aura: Dagger 3 ( Shocking Aura).
- Frost Aura: Elemental Bastion, Soothing Ice and "Flash-Freeze!", Magnetic Leap through Ice fields and Blast Finishers on Ice fields (AoE).
- Fire Shield: "Feel the Burn!", focus 5 ( Fire Shield) and Magnetic Leap through Fire fields.
- Magnetic Aura: Staff 3 ( Magnetic Aura, warhorn 4 ( Sand Squall - AoE).
- Any elemental aura: "Rebound!" will give the aura corresponding to the attunement you are in when the buff expires, Unstable Conduit does the same when you finish the overload of an attunement.
- Light Aura: Magnetic Leap through Light fields.
Counters and Weaknesses
- Heavily reliant on group support for stability
- YouTube: [NYAN] Kirena
- YouTube: [vR] Crann
- YouTube: [BoRP] Kirena
- YouTube: Ash GvG and WvW