Thief - PP Ranged Harasser
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This double ranged thief can easily pressure glass cannon backliners without reflection. It's ranged cleave can help finish downed bodies at range as well if need be. Primary role is damage; Manages average control; Low support capability. This is not a dueling build. It is not a roaming build. It requires the safety of a blob zerg. As with all thief builds for wvw zergs, this one, too, requires some fast reflexes and care to play effectively. Excels in open world combat. Performs significantly worse in tight situations like gate rush, inside stone mist castle halls, or right after a portal bomb.
First Weapon Set
- Healing Skill: Change to
- Optional Utilities:
- Optional Elite:
- Trick. Spin around, reflecting projectiles and throwing daggers that cripple and bleed nearby foes. You can move while spinning.
Can't find such trait "Thief"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Thief"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Thief"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Thief"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Thief"! Please refer to our trait index
- Armor: Berserker x6
- Trinkets: Berserker x6
- For a more reliable damage modifier, use Superior Rune of Strength(1): +25 Power (2): +10% Might Duration (3): +50 Power (4): 20% Might Duration (5): +100 Power (6): +20% Might Duration; +5% damage while under the effects of might.
- Tag enemies with Short Bow to get bloodlust stacks.
- You can pull players with Scorpion Wire. Be sure the player is in combat, otherwise it will simply knockdown the player.
- Use un-targeted Steal for Fury. (Unload will hit critically every time in ascended gear.)
- Mainly you are using
- Practice stowing/cancelling with Esc or another keybind. This is important for the next two points.
- Be careful to shoot at something that can be hit. The player should not be blocking (Guardian heal) or negating damage (Endure Pain). You will limit the number of bullets that will hit or bounce if you're not careful. Wasting time and initiative.
- Watch out for reflects, they hurt your own team mates and, if the duration of unload is fully reflected onto yourself, will even down the player!
- Shoot things at a distance. Of course this increases survivability, but also if your target goes through the player character it will interrupt the unload animation. Turn your character to follow where your target is and walk/strafe so the target remains in front of you far enough so your unload doesn't cancel.
- Avoid Warriors/Guardians as they are most likely to have retaliation.
- To maximise damage, try to keep initiative above 6. This helps both grandmaster minor traits in Critical Strikes and Trickery.
- Reflection - Very dangerous! And counter-productive to your zerg. It's not easy to tell which field is friendly, always err on the side of caution.
- Retaliation - Takes about 20-25% of your health per unload. After 4 or 5 unloads you will down yourself.
- Rangers - Rapid Fire is basically a souped up version of
- Positioning/Reflexes - If you get caught in a bad position you only really have