Warrior - Greataxe
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A vanilla Warrior PvP build with good damage and mobility which can also be used by F2P players.
For the optional slot:
- has synergy with and is a damage boost in general for you and your team.
- when condition damage becomes a problem.
- protects against direct damage, breaks stun and has synergy with .
- has a great passive for sustain and a mass cleanse on active.
- is also a viable option if you can afford to give up some cleansing.
- - a more defensive choice which still retains most of Strength's stats.
- Playstyle: this build is all about weaving hard hitting skills into chains of block and evade frames. The combos aren't set in stone, rather you'll need to adapt based on what CDs are available. Minimize melee contact, dodge/block/evade as many things as possible, and spike targets when an opening shows. Examples:
- from outside melee range ⇒ dodge to your target ⇒ ⇒
- ⇒ weapon swap ⇒ ⇒
- causes Might applications to heal you and grant a tiny bit of endurance.
- If possible, dodge into enemies to damage them with and generate Might. This is especially useful if you're Blinded as the damage of the dodge will miss, consuming the condition and allowing you to immediately follow up with something.
- Use and as often as possible while traveling between capture points. In combat these skills can also get you out of Immobilize because of the trait .
- Swapping weapons in the middle of a burst cancels them and retains the adrenaline. You can use this to your advantage by baiting dodges with or to keep your adrenaline if you know a burst won't land. can also be stowed instead of weapon swapped.
- Burst skills - and :
- These are vital skills for the build and you should do your best to land them. Use the Quickness from
- You gain 15 endurance via and a further 1 stack ofper adrenaline bar consumed upon a successful hit.
- Most of your adrenaline should be spent on Eviscerate, as its damage scales with adrenaline level. For Arcing Slice it doesn't matter, the damage is always the same - only the Fury duration scales.
- Try to land Eviscerate right (or shortly) after swapping to Axe to benefit from
- can be your make or break skill during duels or downing an opponent. Try to use it at the end of a player's dodge or stability to make it even harder to dodge, and make the most out of it. Alternatively, this can be used defensively for the evasion and mobility to avoid damage or disengage from a fight.
- is borderline useless except for 2 situations:
- Your target is trying to escape, in which case the snare can be useful.
- The target is below 25% health which increases the damage of this skill significantly, making it fairly powerful.
- Try to block as many attacks with as possible. synergizes rather well with the defining trait of the build,.
- andwill be used to manage condition levels before resorting to mass cleanses.
- (SIO) is the only stun break in the build. This skill has 2 charges: if you're under heavy condition pressure and the aforementioned 2 traits aren't enough, you're free to use one of the charges. Breaking out of a stun procs . This skill also affects nearby allies and can be used to support them if you can afford it.
- The downed state skill shouldn't always be used, only if you're certain that you can get a kill in that 15 second time frame. Let's say you were in a 1v1. If both you and the enemy are downed, a lucky Vengeance can get the kill and bring you back to life. However, if only you're downed and your opponent is alive and has already captured the point, Vengeance would be a terrible idea. Why? Because Vengeance prevents capture point contribution, which means he can just leave you alone and you'll achieve nothing except delay your own respawn by 15 seconds.
- is what you use when you want to burst a target or desperately need mobility to either chase down someone / run away from a fight.
- doesn't heal while is active. Therefore you should consider using HS for the Resistance before entering Rampage, which can be quite beneficial as most Rampage skills have long cast times and effects such as Blind can easily shut it down.
- Example of a Rampage burst rotation: ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ ⇒
- High Condition pressure
- Heavy CC