Warrior - The Gatherer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build is designed for gathering/mining/woodcutting or just running around as quickly as possible. Frenzy is used to help quickly kill a veteran mob or to gather faster (N.B. you have to break the gathering animation with movement after you get the third material to really make it faster with frenzy). Options for the very lazy are also included (Winter trinkets, doubloons, exquisite snowflakes for boon duration) but perma-swiftness can be easily achieved without them.
First Weapon Set
Second Weapon Set
Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index Can't find such trait "Warrior"! Please refer to our trait index
- Optional Arms Trait can be:
- Four points in Tactics for
Stats are not important for this build unless you are being forced to kill enemies often. This should not be the case as you can usually gather (with the possible stability/fear me/frenzy) and then zoom away with movement skills to drop combat. However if you are forced to kill your best choices are either full zerk (GS) or full sinister (Sword). If you are extremely lazy it is possible to get boon duration equipment however it is very easy to maintain perma-swiftness already. A list of boon duration equipment is listed below in the reference section.
- Turn off Auto-targetting or you will run to enemies.
- Use Charge and Signet of Rage for perma-swiftness.
- Bull's Rush, Savage Leap, Whirlwind Attack, and Rush to move quickly.
- Use Balance stance if you need a stunbreak.
- Most important part; Press f to mine. (Use "L Ctrl" to see nodes)
- If you cancel animation with movement after the third gather you can shave some time off your gathers (esp. at rich nodes).
Conditions can keep you in combat for longer. If it's not a movement-impeding condition, first get away from the enemy, then clear conditions to drop combat. There are many methods to clearing conditions on this build:
- #4 Cleanses Cripple, Immobilize, and Chilled; #5 cleanses weakness (untraited)
- #4 and #5 will also cleanse one other condition as well (traited)
- Swap weapons to clear a single condition with
- Movement skills (Bull's Rush, Savage Leap, Whirlwind Attack, and Rush) will cleanse immobilize via
- Signet of Stamina for full condi cleanse.
- The only true counter is when your gathering tools break. Bring extra set(s) of gathering tools if need be.
- YouTube: Chef Moon's Gathering Route
- Reddit - Rich Iron/Platinum nodes and preferred tree gathering locations
- Chef Moon's Wood Gathering Guide
- Fastest Runner for an effective gathering build on Thief.
May be useful for those out there that live primarily to gather in GW2.
To re-iterate, this gear is in no way required but makes it even easier to maintain swiftness if one is willing to spend money for such a reason. One can see tooltips reflect numbers over 100% but will not actually benefit from more than 100% boon duration. Some numbers that may help:
- Any player can maintain perma swiftness by simply activating Signet of Rage and Charge on Warhorn when off CD without any boon duration help!
- +10% swiftness is enough for perma swiftness via warhorn when using the trait
- +60% swiftness is enough for perma swiftness via warhorn alone
- +96% swiftness is needed to get perma swiftness via Signet of Rage
The easiest way to get easy boon duration. 4 points in here for the warhorn variant will give +20% (otherwise +0%).
N.B. Doubloons cannot stack on the same weapon but the same doubloon can stack on two different weapons. So a Greatsword might use a Platinum and Gold but a Sword and Warhorn can both use Platinum. Pretty silly, but hardcore gatherers may make the sacrifice.
- Platinum Doubloon (+4%)
- Gold Doubloon (+3%)
- Platinum Doubloons (+24%)
- Superior Rune of the Centaur (+30% swiftness & swiftness on heal activation)
- Superior Rune of the Pack (+30% swiftness)
- Superior Rune of Speed (+30% swiftness & +25% IMS base like the
- Superior Rune of the Air (+30% swiftness)
- Snowflake Mithril/Orichalcum + Platinum Doubloon (+5% each trinket; +20% rings & accessories; +29% all trinkets)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cream (+14% at ~30c/ea)
- Fried Golden Dumpling, Loaf of Candy Cactus Cornbread, or Bowl of Nopalitos Saute (+20%)
- Bountiful Sharpening Stone, Bountiful Maintenance Oil, Bountiful Tuning Crystal (+10%; very expensive)
- 84% - 117%
The cheapest ways to get boon duration are from:
- Traits (0-20%; time cost)
- Food (14-20%; ~30c or ~5s/ea)
- Superior Rune of the Air (30%; ~12s, but requires armor with a minimum level requirement of 60 and each of those could cost ~5s each or upwards ~3g each)