Phase Retreat - Temple of the Silent Storm
This is a Mesmer
spot guide. Phase Retreat is a Staff skill that teleports the caster away from the target - however if you use it without a target, it will teleport you backwards a bit - and that's what we need. Proper usage of this skill and the map allows the mesmer to make shortcuts and escape damage. The goal of this guide is to teach you such spots so you don't have to waste your
Don't worry if you fail a couple of times - keep practicing on an empty hotjoin map at first and make sure you are mimicing what you see on the screens below.
On the images the screenshot on the left is the spot where you must stand and the right one is the destination.
Remember, you must not target enemy players while using these spots because that messes up the direction of the teleport.
- The first spot lets you skip the stairs.
- The second one lets you disengage from the point.
- Excellent if you are retuning from another capture point to the Gate, these spots provide a good opening position for the next fight and can also help you to leave behind enemies.
- First spot is for skipping the stairs.
- The second and third are for securing a safe spot for yourself.