Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This PvP Tempest build provides great support by mixing damage mitigation, condition cleansing, direct healing, and projectile denial.
- Under General Options / User Interface enable "Thick party health bars" and "Always show health bars". These will make it much easier to keep track of who needs your support.
- With , every aura applied to you is also granted to nearby allies. This isn't restricted to elementalist auras only - using in a . Auras can't be applied to downed players.
- Auras in the build:
- from Overload Air and dagger 3 in air.
- from Overload Water, .
- from Overload Fire, Warhorn 5 in fire attunement for fire field and using leap finishers
- from Overload Earth, Can't find such trait "Imbued Melodies"! Please refer to our trait index and from .
- Avoid getting into 1v1s especially vs condition oriented builds, althought build is good vs power matchups. Your main role is to support allies with Auras and burst enemies down while roaming with high mobility. Build has high AoE damage which makes it good for cleaving downed targets.
- These skills are available after spending at least 6 seconds in the same attunement. Switching to another attunement while overloading will interrupt the skill, yet still puts the attunement on the increased CD of 20 seconds.
- Overloads have long cast times but you get stability on cast through . You can cast to gain additional stability stacks while casting the overload. You can use overloads while is equipped.
- Build has a good amount of toughness and decent amount of vitality thanks to rune and amulet.
- Protection is further increased to 40% damage reduction with .
- is stunbreak, gives protection, stability, vigor and regen.
- Use for avoiding damage when targeted. Careful with this skill though it can make you lose the capture point if there is no other ally!
- , on dagger evades and provides mobility for disengage. Skills as and even the autoattack on shield contribute your mobility further more.
- gives additional vitality and toughness while equipped, good amount of barriers, mobility, and block making this skill good for disengage or entering combat.
- Build does not rely on healing but you can still get some healing from water attunement and fast recharge heal skill. Condition damage is biggest threat to this build since your best condition cleanse is your heal skill removing up to 8 conditions.
- Aura application is very important part of this build since they bring both defense and offense and can be used for bringing utility and support for teamfights
- Cantrip skills have reduced cooldown and grant vigor and regeneration. Build has access to many boons (defensive and offensive ones) and have good boon uptime which can be extended with
some of the longest cast times in the entire game, which means they can be easily interrupted. Of course there are ways to reduce the chance of that happening:
- can be shielded through from projectile-based interrupts such as and the stun from dagger's can win a couple of seconds of freecasting vs melee specs. Even on a Mender build this overload pumps out a considerable amount of AoE damage, use it to help your team get kills and to cleave downed targets.
- is the hardest to mess up because it comes with Stability, but if you're afraid that won't do the trick then and are both good covers depending on the situation. Careful with Obsidian Flesh though as this skill can make you lose the capture point if no other ally is contesting it!
- is the only overload which doesn't do damage, thus won't break stealth. The build itself doesn't provide any access to stealth, but in an organized team you can coordinate this with an Engineer for instance and ask him to throw a at you. This should make it significantly easier to get this channel off, but you'll still be vulnerable to PBAoE like . Hold on to this as long as you can, Water Overload should only be used for emergency cleansing /healing.
- Fire is arguably the least important attunement of the build, even if you can't pull off an uninterrupted overload at least it can be used as a stun breaker without hesitation.
Support and sustain
- All of your shouts remove a condition thanks to Soldier runes, and every aura is shared with allies.
- If taken doubles the cleansing, but sacrifices non-shout based aura sharing.
- Auras grant 2 seconds of Protection, which is further empowered by resulting in a 40% direct damage reduction instead of the usual 33%. can reduce incoming damage for all affected allies by 50% because of the extra 10% reduction from Frost Aura (and that's without even factoring in Can't find such trait "Geomancer's Defense"! Please refer to our trait index).
- The next best application of Protection after auras comes from . Not only does it pulse this boon each second, it'll also leave behind an AoE that does the same thing after a successful overload.
- Water Attunement is where most of your non-aura based support comes from:
- Always try attuning to Water next to an ally to share the healing from and cleansing from . Don't idle in it too much because you should fit as many Water swaps into a fight as possible.
- Use on allies whenever necessary, and make sure that you don't have an enemy targeted otherwise some pulses may go in the wrong direction.
- is a last resource option, only to be used if it singlehandedly saves a team fight and you're out of options because sending Water on a longer CD is going to negatively impact your healing output.
- is associated with self-sustain:
- Merely just swapping to this attunement can already negate Power based burst damage thanks to .
- can be used to instantly cleanse conditions from yourself, reflect projectiles, or to blast combo fields. Both this and Obsdian Flesh can be used while CC'd.
- is an excellent and versatile defensive skill: use it to safe stomp downed enemies / revive downed allies, cover your earth overload (if you're afraid of boon stripping), or to get an entire channel of off uninterrupted.
- shouldn't be underestimated either, jumping away from the fight every once in a while could give you a much needed break.
- Is a very powerful AoE heal for both yourself and the team. Try to coordinate it with your allies so that they receive every pulse of the channel to maximize the healing. The first pulse heals the most but has the smallest radius, while the other two pulses have a lower healing value but larger radius. can be used to instantly move in and heal up teammates who are far away but need emergency healing.
- Save allies from death with .
- Important: Don't use any heals on teammates who are under the effect of Rebound, use them after it was consumed or expired. The only exception is when you are absolutely certain that they won't reach 1HP over its duration for some reason.
- When playing with , blowing some extra CDs sooner than later can be beneficial against condition builds for attempting to keep your HP above 75%.
- Stack Swiftness for your team before the match starts!
- Switch to before the 10 second countdown even begins. The moment the countdown starts cast whilst running towards the exit from spawn, this skill will produce a Static field. Use then follow up immediately with (both of these are Blast finishers).
- When you're done switch to as you don't want to start fights in Water.