Chronomancer - Chronobunker
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Chronobunker build which supports the team through boons, sets up kills with CC chains, and finishes off targets with Confusing Images.
- Stall fights and set up kills for your team with CCs and boon removal.
- Shatters heal, remove conditions, grant Stability, Alacrity, plus one other boon depending on the shatter used (see for more details).
- is the only stun breaker in the build by default, you'll rely on maintaining Stability or avoiding attacks through blocks, evasion, and . If you get CC'd bail out with or . 's Protection and Weakness can also help mitigate the pressure.
- Use to make travel easier between points, and not just vertically. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). With it you can make the skill teleport you "forward" (assuming you're not targeting an enemy player) by using about face ⇒ ⇒ about face. The quicker you do it, the better.
- Make sure you don't have a target selected whilst doing this.
- should be used on CD for its Alacrity while out of combat, preferably after you used Phase Retreat for movement. Alacrity will make your skills recharge faster, making the travel time with PR a bit shorter while recovering other CDs as well.
- Shatters will primarily be used for defensive means: cleansing, healing, and boon application, although can do decent damage and is a great instant CC.
- The general playstyle of the build revolves around 2 things - spamming Phantasms on CD, and not dying.
- reduces the recharge of all Phantasms skills by 50% of their base CD - for example a skill with 30s recharge will always receive a 15s CD reduction.
- makes your Phantasms respawn after their initial attack.
- Sympathetic Visage will be your primary source of cleansing, transferring one condition to a Phantasm upon being summoned. will cleanse 2 conditions as it summons 2 Phantasms.
- Note: Blindness cannot be transferred this way, instead the Phantasm summoning skill will go on full CD without doing anything. To avoid that, either use a non-essential shatter skill like to get rid of this condition, or stow your weapon while casting the skill in order to cancel it.
- is your strongest Phantasm, make sure that it lands its attack - Immobilize targets with or stun them with . It's also the only unblockable skill in the build.
- Couple of things about worth mentioning:
- Always try to get hit by something, else you won't be able to use its chain skills (, which is basically a copy of it).
- It can be dodged. If the target evades at the last moment of the block, the Phantasm won't be summoned at all (same goes for Deja Vu). This is especially important in mirror matches, the Chronomancer who dodges these more tends to win.
- Make sure to have Stability from shatters while channeling shield blocks against targets with unblockable CCs (like Spellbreakers), don't take chances!
- Scepter is the main source of damage in the build, almost everything else is centered around survival and CC.
- followed by the moment the clones spawn from the block is great for instant burst damage.
- is THE burst skill on the bar. A full beam alone could melt ~30-50% of your target's HP so do everything you can to land it:
Continuum Split (CS)
- allows you to use your skills twice. This skill also grants a few seconds of Resistance, you can consider using CS for that in some extreme cases where you really need to survive and there's no other way around it.
- It's best used for double elite activation. Activate CS just before finishes casting, then unload as many shatters/Phantasms and skills in general as you possibly can while CS is active.
- Important: CS prevents capture point contribution, same as . If you're the only one holding a point, try to keep the time spent in CS to the bare minimum.
- Phantasms, Wells, and applied boons will still persist after CS ends.