Daredevil - Hybrid Pistolwhip
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A hybrid daredevil build with strong utility and mobility
- - a short cooldown stunbreaker against CC heavy builds that grants endurance and an additional interrupt from .
- - gives up poison sharing for a more situational attack that inflicts multiple conditions and grants endurance.
- - another stunbreaker which cures mobility impairing conditions and provides initiative.
- - only take this if you still have problems with mobility impairing conditions, be aware that you lose out on the 55 endurance that provides.
Cleansing can be swapped out for
if you fight against power builds or builds that don't apply a large variety of conditions, such as a burn guardian.
If you wish to have a higher health pool, less power and greater condition damage, then take
- You should always go to the Middle or Far point, in order to share venom and provide group stealth by using the blast finisher (shortbow) into the smoke field from (pistol). Wait for the combo finisher sign to appear as spamming cluster bomb can lead to losing out on the blast finisher and triggering instead, which is not a blast finisher.
- When initiating a fight, try to attack from behind a column or a wall with on sword in order to have a safer escape if you are under too much pressure. Note that has a greater range and will expire after 15 seconds.
- Just before the match starts, Cast and then just as it finishes casting in order to share both venoms with your teammates. If you use the stealth combo, you can cast the venoms after you stealth as your teammates will be within the radius of your venom share.
- Try and share your venoms with as many teammates, minions, clones and pets as possible, as this will lead to more overall damage.
- Dropping over a downed foe will pulse blind, making stomping much easier as the downed foe will be less likely to interrupt you. Be aware that Mesmers, Thieves and Elementalists can move out of the field with their respective downed skills, so it is recommended to cleave them or let them bleed off a node.
- Another option for a safe stomp is beginning the stomp, casting to a safe distance away, then hitting just before the stomp finishes casting. This uses a valuable cooldown and should only be used when you have no initiative left or the enemy is cleaving too hard to stomp on the spot.
Dealing Damage The bulk of your damage will come from applying poison and proccing conditions
- Poison not only damages, but reduces enemy healing by 33% per stack.
- Immobilize will also poison the enemy due to , and occurs every time you apply Immobilize. Striking a foe under 50% health will inflict Immobilize, following the 20 second cooldown listed on the trait.
- The main source of Immobilize is , but the Can't find such skill "Surprise Shot (thief)"! Please refer to our skill index. can be used if the opportunity arises.
- Your dodge is replaced by , which applies bleed, torment and cripple. It is a whirl finisher in combat and can be used in a combo field for various different effects such as:
- A poison field for poison bolts (for example )
- A smoke field for blinding bolts (for example )
- When you dodge you also proc , which applies bleed and cripple every second for 3 seconds to enemies standing in it. if you have opened with the immobilize from then it is more likely the enemy will be affected by all 3 pulses of the caltrops.
- will bleed foes but using as the bomb is mid air and in a foe's hitbox will cause them to recieve all hits of the detonation, inflicting more bleed and considerable power damage.
- is a spammable poison field that dazes foes above 5 stacks of poison. (Note that the poison stacks do not have to come from the choking gas itself all the time, you can hit someone who already has poison stacks above the threshold and still daze them.)
- and your downstate skills also apply poison.
- Interrupting a foe procs . This attack cannot critically hit and the damage cannot be mitigated, meaning it synergises with the high power and low precision of the
- All of the Hard CC in the build comes from: , , , (from behind), and if the foe(s) have 5 or more stacks of poison when the skill lands. (foes dazed by the choking gas will be dazed for ½s every second provided that they remain above the poison threshold. this makes this skill particularly strong as it applies condition pressure and interrupts.)
- poisons, deals damage, heals, grants 2 initiative, rips 3 boons, grants vigor and dazes. The damage from steal () cannot crit, favouring the high power of the build.
- The reason that there is some precision in the build is that there are many power based attacks aside from Pulmonary Impact that can critically hit, and the small amount of precision allows for a significant power damage increase over
- Conditions can be instantly cleansed via and (3 each) however these are important cooldowns and should only be used when you know that the conditions currently on you will be fatal. Due to the thief's outstanding kite potential, frequent cleansing from and switching to shortbow in combat, there should normally be no need to blow your shadowstep and signet in a 1v1 scenario, but do not hesitate to do so if you know you cannot handle the current conditions on you.
- There is also good survivability through all the evades the build has, including , which should be used when you are expecting a burst but don't want to waste a dodge.
- Don't be afraid to camp on shortbow in a teamfight as the weapon can apply a lot of pressure with a hybrid build. It also gives you range and a low cost, on-demand evade.
- The vitality from
- in an excellent choice if you know that you will be focused as it is a low cooldown stun-break and knockdown (Hard CC) all in one, which also grants some endurance.
- Condition transfers
- Chain CC