Difference between revisions of "Daredevil - Marauder Staff"
m (Added viable replacement for amulet at suggestion of streamer)
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
Revision as of 13:49, 12 November 2019
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A slightly less gimmicky version of the old Valkyrie staff build, this version of Daredevil is stacking various damage modifiers in order to deal heavy AoE damage.
Much superior power stat but has a 5% damage modifier
- is replaced by which inherits all the traits from Steal, but has half the range. To compensate for that, Swipe is unblockable.
- The thief's role is to almost constantly keep moving.
- Executing the burst is one of the most important parts of this build!
Most common opener for burst: 1.)Find target that's low base hp or low on health 2.)Optionally you can do dodges while approaching target for increased damage via Bounding Dodger 3.)Use for higher burst 4.)Execute into target followed by to teleport to them. Hopefully this will stun the target due to traits in Trickery 5.)Basically finish target with auto attacks and Vault or a combination of other weapon skills
- is the most powerful tool in a thief's kit and should not be wasted! Do not start fights with steal, keep it for the right moment (mainly to interupt important skills such as heals or elites).
- Stealing refills endurance, grants initiative, inflicts Poison, does damage, heals for ~2k, and provides a variety of boons for you and your team. Its most important function however is the instant boonstrip that prioritizes Stability, which goes off before the Daze does, resulting in an instant interrupt.
- is a good burst skill, having a forward charge that hits 3 times. Also inflicts weakness and has whirl effect
- also has decent damage that hits target right in front of you, but aftercast acts as a backwards evade which also removes cripple
- is a ranged attack to blinds and inflicts vulnerability. This is a good filler attack that gives cover conditions.
- is a leap attack that deals big damage when it hits. This is one of the good burst tools on Staff, but has other uses such as for mobility/dodging and can also be used for the leap combo effect (most commonly for stealth)
- being a spammable blast finisher has high value for your team when it comes to blasting fields for Stealth or healing (although they'll have to provide the fields).
- provides cheap and spammable evasion in case you're being focused by the enemy team and your defensive skills are on CD. Remains usable even while Immobilized.
- Use on downed enemies especially if they are being revived - Poison decreases healing gained by 33% which affects resurrecting speed.
- is the #1 skill for moving around the map in general, cuts down on travel time between capture points drastically.
Utilities & elite
- is your best souce of cleansing, as it instantly removes 3 conditions. In addition to that, this also gives an entire dodge roll's worth of endurance which can be used as a last resort option for squeezing out more dodges when you're out of endurance and don't have time to heal. Keep in mind that the active portion of this skill is AoE! Try to use it near allies whenever possible.
- gives higher damage passively and on click. Make sure to use before using a high burst skill
- is easily the most versatile and one of the strongest skills in the build. It has 2 parts:
- The first half is a stun break and teleport, which already has countless applications. A few applications include teleport to safety while pressured, extending your reach in combat, or using the instant mobility boost to decap enemy points before using the 2nd part of the skill to leave just as fast.
- The second half is called . This skill becomes available for 10 seconds after using Shadowstep, and cures 3 conditions in addition to breaking stun again before returning you to your starting location.
- These can also be combined to safe stomp targets: begin stomping, away to safety, and then follow up with at the end of the animation in order to finish the target.
- is both a defensive and offensive elite. The rather lengthy evade frame with increased movement speed makes it an excellent panic button when you're being focused by the enemy team. On the other hand the skill deals heavy AoE damage whilst evading, which makes it great for pressuring melee targets in general with next to no risk.
- Note: skills like or are able to interrupt Dagger Storm, so don't be completely careless.