Elementalist - S/F Fresh Air
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Scepter/Focus Fresh Air is one of the harder elementalist specs to master, but allows for high pressure roaming.
- is an equally viable alternative to .
Picking Fire instead of Water for , making 25 Might easily accessible at a loss of some healing on Water swap. Cleanses can still be done via Fire Aura on Fire swap with Transmute then another Fire Aura along the added benefit of that triggers at 3 conditions. Burning also adds 10% more damage to the entire build, is highly recommended if using this specialization.
- Avoid 1v1s whenever possible, keep moving between capture points to outnumber fights and burst targets down.
- Much of this build's damage comes from swapping to , as this triggers , followed by . To capitalize on this, you should generally swap out of air immediately or soon after casting Lightning Strike into any other attunement, get a Fresh Air proc and jump back into Air Attunement.
- Recharging Air: to take advantage of you need to score a critical hit. The fastest way to do it on attunements with slower skill is to start channel the air autoattack just before leaving . Swapping attunements doesn't break the channeling and Arc Lightning is almost guaranteed to critically hit at least once.
- should usually be used while in for the Immobilize, which makes it harder to avoid your burst. Alternatively, cast while still in then switch over to Earth before the projectile hits - this will root the target and you can get back into Air without skipping a beat as Arcane Blast is always a critical hit. With 1.5k range this is also your best ranged option.
- This build can self-stack might by blasting the fire field created by . Do not prioritize might-stacking, but do take advantage of the incidental opportunities which arise. Your blast finishers are:
- The build's most dangerous above 90% HP where the and bonuses are active. These bonuses are active in any attunement, but to maximize bursts most of your hard hitting abilities should go off while attuned to Air to benefit from and .
- is best used either while in Earth for the Protection or Water for the Regeneration which cleanses a condition via .
Notable burst combos
These are some potential combos you can use based on the techniques outlined above. The quicker you pull these chains off, the better.
- (optional, easy to avoid so use it only when the target is CC'd or downed)
- - optional: right at your target before Phoenix Goes off
- - swap to this just before Phoenix and Arcane Blast are about to land
- - projectile must land right before attuning to Air to get the Immobilize
- + right at your target before the trident goes off
- just before Shatterstone and Water Trident does damage
- makes it easy to kite most specs. Avoid melee range at all costs!
- CCs can be used for shaking off pursuers.
- Abuse spots on maps that break teleport skill pathing when the enemy team has Thieves, Revenants, and other such specs with teleports. Use the terrain to your advantage in general, it's very important for builds as squishy as this one.
- and provide excellent protection against enemies who use projectiles. These however do not work against unblockable projectiles, and some ranged builds - such as this one - are mostly unaffected by projectile reflects and blocks.
- is the build's best condition cleanse which can also be used while stunned.
- gives invincibility for a short while, and can be used to survive bursts or to create a window where you can pressure targets in the ehat of battle without any hinderance.
- Regeneration applications remove conditions.
- Stealth, as most high-damage abilities in this build require a target.
- Heavy condition pressure.
- Freshweaver - a more powerful version using the Weaver elite specialization