Firebrand - Quickness Greatsword
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- A Firebrand build for open world. This build deals extremely high burst damage and has excellent defensive skills allowing it to stay alive. Compared to Guardian - Radiant Greatsword, this build has extremely fast burst damage from Quickness and more defensive utility from tomes and mantras; however, it has less consistent Retaliation in longer fights which results in lower damage over time.
- This build excels in virtually every area of open world, including Solo Content, Events, and even Tagging.
- Your second weapon set is fairly flexible. Sword/Focus is suggested because it provides a good mix of defense, AoE damage, and mobility. Depending on what you need, you can run Axe (AoE damage and crowd control), Hammer (crowd control), Scepter (ranged and high damage on bosses), and/or Shield (crowd control and projectile defense).
- If you need to replace a skill, you should always replace before anything else.
- - grants more retaliation uptime for boss fights.
- - more crowd control.
- - more condition cleanse.
- - blinds enemies.
- or - if projectiles are a problem.
- if you need stability.
- - if running or .
- Ascended gear and stat infusions are not required; you can use exotic gear with the same stats.
- The Standard Variant uses similar gear to the Dragonhunter - Power DPS build for fractals and raids. This makes it a good general-purpose gear set.
Optimal Damage Variant
- The Optimal Damage Variant is the best damage gear for this build. It's overkill in most cases and is only recommended for players that prefer the glass cannon playstyle.
- For a tankier option you can run the Marauder Variant. You will lose some damage but gain a moderate boost to health. This variant is recommended for most Open World players.
You can check our Guide on Gear Variants to find good alternatives for this build! Open World Gear Variants Summary
- Diviner's stats give us an interesting variant that focuses heavily on boon generation. This variant will provide you with nearly 100% Boon Duration. Since this also affects your Retaliation uptime your damage doesn't suffer much at all.
- Sigils - ,
- Defensive Runes - ,
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain (requires crit chance)
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- ,,- general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- Retaliation is a massive damage boost so you should try to have it up as much as possible. Your main retaliation sources are , , and . Always make sure you have retaliation before using your high-damage skills (e.g. by casting before anything else).
- is your strongest burst damage opener due to the high flat damage of its skills and the Quickness it generates. Use
- The cooldown of resets off every kill thanks to .
- Once you've gone through your main damage skills are , , , , , and . Swap between your weapons using these skills whenever possible, and fill with autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain as all the damage is loaded in the last hit.
- This build has access to a lot of short bursts of Quickness from mantras and . Use them to speed up the cast time of your burst damage skills.
- Fight enemies in your symbols to get the damage buff from .
- Use and to block incoming attacks.
- , , and blind enemies.
- , , , or
- has many good defensive skills. You can go into it and press a few skills (including Recalling the memory of heroes past, enchant nearby allies with formidable defenses.Stability (5s): Cannot be knocked down, pushed back, pulled, launched, stunned, dazed, floated, sunk, feared or taunted.
- Remember to always dodge and sidestep attacks if possible. Don't get hit by anything you can move out of.
- You have a lot of small heals in and .
- Always press
- Always press
- To cleanse conditions, you can use
- If having lots of trouble with conditions bring .
- (as a last resort)