Difference between revisions of "Holosmith - Bunny Thumper"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
| set1 = Pistol, Shield
| set1 = Pistol, Shield
| healing = Coolant Blast
| healing = Coolant Blast
| utility1 =
| utility1 =
| utility2 = Bomb Kit
| utility2 = Bomb Kit
| utility3 = Thumper Turret
| utility3 = Thumper Turret
Latest revision as of 16:40, 14 September 2019
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Condition & Power damage Hybrid that leverages the Engineer's power to Crowd Control in order to unleash devastating combos.
FULL BUILD HERE: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAo6lVwoYcsFWJWqPXPVA-zZpsMyMBiuAkcA
Usage & Variants
- Off-hand Pistol: This can be used alongside Tool Kit. Replacing with to get those much needed blocks at the right moments. The off-hand pistol would add more sustained damage pressure to the target.
- A person may be surprised by the use of this skill but after using for a few matches it has proven to be quite the skill that keeps an Engineer alive. The toolbelt skill can remove 3 conditions and another 3 when you go over 50 heat threshold (Heat being the levels you gain when spending time in the Photon Forge mode, When you reach maximum heat, you get kicked out of Photon Forge and have to wait till you cooldown in order to use it again. It also deals damage to you if you overheat) and it applies an extra Healing Over Time 1.3k for 4s. It is very easy to stay at 50 threshold to gain the benefit of this skill. Just make sure to use the every time you're out of combat in order to maintain 50 Heat when out of combat. Coolant Blast is also a Blast finisher which also combos with the many fields this build has. This makes the build even more versatile. And on top of all of that it also appliesto you when you use the skill whilst over the 50 heat threshold. Frost Aura grants you -10% damage reduction and applies chill to foes when they hit you. Potentially, with this skill alone, you can remove 10 conditions (9 conditions with traits and toolbelt skill, 1 extra condition when used while standing in a light field).
- This can be used against both condition classes and power based attackers. Hard Light Arena provides you and your team with protection which when applied with the trait removes a condition every time you apply protection. Protection reduces damage dealt to you by 33% so this skill works for both condition and power classes. You can use for direct blocks instead of protection. If there are no condition heavy classes in the other team though, other utilities like (provides good quickness and stability.) or (Great for allowing you to do stealth openers quickly or escaping more easily, I particularly like this one for that), (provides additional single target CC (crowd control) and immobilize skills from the toolbelt and every 10s from the turret) (Used to increase condition pressure by using the Incendiary ammo) or (may be used to add more damage and CC through the overcharge and toolbelt skills). Or can also be used to pull a target into a position to start a thumper turret combo. Also tested out it is great for interrupting Staff Daredevils, Revenants, Condi Thieves and Mirage when they are mid evade burst. This could all be used to replace HLA.
- This kit has quite the versatile use. Smoke Bomb being one of the most useful fields a character could have. Smoke Bomb provides a smoke field which, when using skills like Big Ol'Bomb and Magnetic Shield inside the field, it would give you stealth. This gives you the possibility of proving your team with stealth combos when they go down or when approaching a point, gives you and your teammates the upper hand if you can stealth in.
- This can be replaced with any of the other Elite skills a player feels comfortable with. Supply Crate provides additional reflect bubbles with , healing and a smoke field. This versatility makes it a good pick for this build. That said, other utilities have their merits as well.
Firearms line can be replaced with Tools line
Replacing the Firearms line with the Tools line reduces your sustained damage pressure but increases your tankiness and crowd control potential. You have 50% increased energy generation from Adrenal Implant for dodging and this improves your survivability significantly, not to mention the passive stun breaker from Lesser Utility Goggles means that you have two stun breaks, making you harder to pin down.
- vs Thermal Release Valve: Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit is used in order to provide might stacking to the build. By using this trait, managing heat level becomes important. This is easy to do but takes a bit of getting used to. Thermal Release Valve works better when fighting mesmers but ultimately, falls short when fighting other Holosmiths and other classes with good sustain. The increased might stacking is required to make this build effective in the damage department.
- vs Thermal Vision: This build uses Pinpoint Distribution due to it's application to allies around, allowing it's effectiveness to be x 5 per possible team mate in the effect area. If every teammate gains 100 condition damage, essentially, collectively the team has 500+ condition damage vs Thermal Vision which only affects you.
- vs Automated Medical Response & Over Shield: By using ABD (Autodefence Bomb Dispenser) this build adds another layer of combo potential when CC is applied to it. Since the stun break is a blast finisher, when CC is applied to you, you as a player are able to stealth once ABD activates and the stun break is used. Once you're in stealth, you're able to decide what you want to do, run or surprise them with a burst. can be considered when fighting Mirage or Scourge but isn't necessary. Automated Medical Response can also be considered but a player can usually be dead before they have the chance to activate it.
- : This works well against projectile based classes. By leaving the turret out for the few seconds that the projectile deflection bubble is up, you can turn the tables on almost any 1v1 or 2v1 with a projectile based enemy.
- Superior Sigil of Agility: Using Agility on this build allows the player to gain the benefit of activating skills quickly back to back. This is helpful because this build depends a lot on how well you can string damage combos together.
- Superior Sigil of Energy: This is used to provide frequent opportunities to dodge through increasing endurance regeneration.
- Superior Rune of the Air: Apart from providing all of the ferocity you have, this rune provides a Shocking Aura when the user activates their heal skill (Shocking Aura last for 4s stuns targets when they hit the user). Great for messing up combos and turning a lost fight into a winning one. This can be replaced with;
- Superior Rune of the Engineer This gives toughness and condition damage. Great for increasing defence and sustained damage pressure.
- Superior Rune of the Herald This gives toughness and another protection boon when you heal. This adds an extra condition removal and longer duration on the protection boon you have.
- Superior Rune of the Adventurer gives more sustained damage pressure through condition damage and an increase in defence by giving your access to more dodging.
- Superior Rune of HoelbrakThis will enable you to reduce the duration of conditions applied to you. This is mainly used to counter the burning you apply to yourself when using the Coolant Blast toolbelt skill. It also increases might duration, that helps as well.
- STEALTHY ENTRANCE
Switch to Bomb Kit before entering a fight, use Smoke Bomb, then use Magnetic Shield pressing it twice whilst standing in the smoke bomb to apply stealth, switch to Photon Forge and use Holo Leap toward your desired direction.
- CHAIN CC ROTATION (works best when comboed with Stealthy Entrance) (also works same way with Quickness)
Activate Big'ol Bomb then immediately switch into Photon Forge, then Holographic Shockwave, Corona Burst, then Photon Blitz, by this time the target has been hit by Big Ol Bomb is launched away. Use Holo Leap to follow the target, activate Thumper turret right on top of the target, switch to Bomb kit, Prismatic Singularity in your tool belt skill, use Glue Bomb, smoke bomb, Concussion Bomb and Fire Bomb then auto attack with Photon Forge or Bomb kit #1 or switch to Pistol/Shield applying addition condition pressure with Pistol skills.
- CHAIN CC ROTATION #2 (also works same way with Quickness)
Photon Forge, then use Corona Burst then Holographic Shockwave, then Thumper turret, then Big Ol Bomb, Photon Blitz, auto-attack with Photon Forge until target is flying away, leap into target with Holo Leap, Glue Bomb, Concussion Bomb then Fire bomb. Repeat if necessary.
- CHAIN CC ROTATION #3
run into the fight (team or +1) and enter Photon Forge=>=>=>=>=> + + + Smoke Bomb + => Switch to Pistol/Shield => => If they are still not down => + => and start from the top.
- DEALING WITH Stability
When going against characters that will use stability heavily, make sure to not switch weapons until the target has used one of their main stability skills. For instance, Warrior's Balanced Stance or Dolyak Signet, other Holosmith's using Elixir U, Fire Brand's using Stand Your Ground.
Once the target has used their stability skill, switch weapons to activate Sigil of Annulment, which only works on weapon swap. Then proceed unleash any combos, you may develop yourself or any of the above.
- DEALING WITH
When Warriors or Engineers go into Rampage form, in order to nullify them quickly, simply drop on them or switch to Bomb Kit and use Smoke Bomb from there. The Supply Crate will activate a wide smoke field when it lands which would blind their attacks repeatedly. Dropping Supply Crate has to be done in the middle of the wind up of one of their skills so that the activation isn't interrupted by the enemy Rampage.
- Mirage: If a player can learn to use the turret reflects effectively whilst knowing when to dodge Mirage shatters, the player will do well fighting against Mirages. It just takes a bit of practice. Try to use the stealth opener as a surprise tactic. It will give users of this build the upper hand in this engagement. Cauterize is your best friend in this match-up.
- Scourge: With all their corrupts, they can render this build useless due to the constant stripping and AOE conditions they will be applying consistently. That said, with a well timed Condition removal with your Cauterize toolbelt skill, you will be able to deal with this easily.
- Reflects: Watch out for Mesmer, Elementalist and Engineer reflection skills which reflect your projectiles. This build has a lot of damage in the projectile department and a player definitely does not want to be turning the tables on him/herself.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/454179347 - Full Match
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/455574534 - Vs Revenant
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/455070358 - Versus a Spellbreaker - This fight shows the effectiveness of being able to stealth after being stunned.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/455067963 - Versus a Mirage