Soulbeast - Boonbeast Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A Soulbeast WvW roamer focusing on boon stacking, mobility and sustain. While it's primarily made for 1v1s, the build has several tools for buffing allies as well when roaming in a group.
- - purely a defensive option, breaks stun, adds Vigor to the build, evades attacks and even cleanses conditions beyond just the trait synergy. Note that the evade frame's cancelled by weapon swapping in which case the trait won't go off.
- - a more offensive choice which helps you burst better with auto attacks among other things, but also has a defensive side to it (breaks stun, cleanses conditions via WK, and the Superspeed is great for disengaging).
- - for straight up damage, good when running with others.
- Juvenile Siamoth over Smokescale - equally viable alternative, only thing you lose is the chase potential of Smokescale.
- trades defense for condition cleanses.
- offers better pressure at the expense of lower sustain and less Quickness.
- - a very tanky rune which provides uptime for your most important boon while also synergizing with all the sources of healing in the build.
- - excellent boon duration.
- - great rune in general, especially against condition builds.
There are several viable options:
- - significant boost to sustain through evasion.
- Cheaper version:
- - crit chance boost plus armor ignoring damage procs which also heal you.
- - boon duration and Might stacking.
- - this and other similar damage reducing consumables also work.
Elite specialization basics
- Soulbeast allows Rangers to meld with their pet, becoming one. This is done through which has a 10s CD.
- Soulbeasts can't swap pets in combat. Use Owl if you want more defense, Smokescale if you want more damage.
- Pet related traits and skills such as and will continue to function even while merged, but this time you'll be the one who benefits from them, not the pet (although sometimes the effects are lessened).
- and are your two main mobility skills. Make sure you do not have anyone targeted while using them. Make sure you do not have an enemy targeted when using these skills for general mobility or disengaging.
- passively maintains a high uptime of healing reduction in duels via Poison, which is very important when fighting other bunker specs.
- Dodging applies Protection, which also heals thanks to the trait . also reduces the condition damage you take by 33% while affected by this boon.
- Survival skills each cure 2 conditions and grant Fury. Troll Unguent also provides 2 seconds of Resistance thanks to the rune.
- Each pet provides a different kind of immunity. Juvenile Smokescale has Smoke Assault against direct damage, while Juvenile Owl offers Resistance against conditions via . The latter also heals for a huge amount and it's AoE, so try to share it with your team whenever possible! Now that Soulbeast can only use one pet your main choice will be Juvenile Owl for the extra heal and mobility, don't forget to unmerge when you don't need beast skills as you have greater DPS while you let your pet attack them.
Weapon sets and damage
- Most of the damage will come from spamming auto attacks.
- is an excellent filler which stacks Might (double in ) and bounces off to other targets. This skill allows you to keep some distance from the target while constantly pressuring them. The bouncing axes can also clean up mesmer clones nicely.
- is best used in melee range to make all attacks land on the target. The axes also pierce, hitting enemies behind your target as well.
- is a powerful ranged attack which should be used in for more damage and to deliver all of the conditions in 1 hit instead of having to rely on the pet, while the Weakness on it can keep Power based specs in check.
- is slow but offers some nice damage when it hits, it also gives Attack of Opportunity to further increase DPS, even if it misses!
- Greatsword is the defensive/utility weapon set, offering a block in , an interrupt in and a leap in .
- allows you to share your stances with allies, including your pet. Try to do this whenever possible.
- is a high uptime stance which increases boon duration. Aim to sync it with your most important sources of boons such as , or .
- is very straightforward, just use it against any kind of CC whenever necessary. Consider using it before while under heavy condition pressure. Dolyak Stance can remove 3 conditions and make you immune to those for its duration, which means there's a higher chance for your heal to remove 4 damaging conditions. It also provides you with a safe way yo finish off downed enemies in 1vX situations.
- Youtube: Roaming