Soulbeast - Condi Trapper
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- 1 Archived Build
- 2 Overview
- 3 Skill Bar
- 4 Specializations
- 5 Equipment
- 6 Consumables
- 7 Usage
reason: moved to https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Condition_Skirmisher
An extremely strong build which can swap from DPS to defensive variants. This build can do well in almost all areas of open world.
- Very versatile
- High DPS even with defensive gear
- Low sustain
- Dagger Mainhand is very sensitive to high ping.
- You'll be spending most of your time merged with the pet of your choice. Here are some options:
- Juvenile Warthog - provides condition damage with and crowd control with .
- Juvenile Lynx - more damage than Warthog when crowd control isn't needed.
- Juvenile Bristleback - ranged damage with .
- Juvenile Carrion Devourer - provides crowd control with and an evade with .
- Juvenile Murellow - defensive option with .
- Your second pet doesn't really matter, feel free to equip your favorite pet for Fashion Wars. If you're having trouble surviving you can bring a Supportive or Stout pet for extra survivability with skills like or :
- When unable to mount, you can also merge with a bird like Juvenile Hawk to use and to go faster.
- Main hand Axe provides better cleave damage than dagger but is less effective against single targets.
- Heal Skills
- - Condi clear
- - extends boons; extremely effective with Concentration
- Utility Skills
- - Very high damage buff against single targets
- - if you're getting stunned a lot.
- - alternative damage option, useful if there are allies around.
- - Powerful stun break
- - Invulnerability
- Elite Skills
- - high damage and soft crowd control.
Soulbeast is extremely versatile and part of its gameplay is setting up the right traits for each situation.
Take if running axe main hand.
This variant focuses heavily on dealing high poison damage, which can help with sustain
- In Wilderness Survival: ⇒
- In Soulbeast: ⇒
Replace Beastmastery with Skirmishing for a significant DPS boost at the cost of utility. This can also pair with the Poison Variant above. If using the Trailblazer's or Rabid's variants below, use this variant.
For the vast majority of open world content, use this variant
For harder content, it may be worth using this variant
- Sinister's , Grieving - Budget replacement for Viper's ; run with these
- Rabid's - Budget replacement for Trailblazer's ; run with this
- - Less bleed-focused condition duration
- - budget option for Trailblazer's
- , - higher burst option; not generally recommended
- Any ascended food is superior to any other food you could use. Steak for power, flatbread for conditions.
- - Use for general farming.
- - Use for when you need to max out magic find.
- - more sustain
- Anything - Any food is better than none, but you should prioritize the food above before using any other food.
- , , - general farming
- - good damage option with +karma
- , - DPS
- - Budget DPS
- , - Dodges + Might
- , - Gives sustain for the Viper's , Sinister's , and Grieving variants
- - +Dmg, +Karma
- Your most damaging skills are , , , and . Use these skills whenever available.
- Fill in the gaps with /, , and autoattacks.
- Never interrupt your autoattack chain.
- Flanking enemies is important with this build, as your shortbow skills deal significantly more damage when hitting from the back or the side. Dodge through enemies before unloading your condition burst.
- Use your traps and stances off cooldown.
- If crowd control isn't important, you can use for a damage increase.
- Use the endurance regeneration from to dodge incoming attacks.
- You have a good amount of passive healing from and .