Thief - Sentry Trapper Roamer
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A condition Thief build for WvW, made to set a trap at your own sentry point, waiting patiently in stealth to spring it on unsuspecting victims.
- The premise of the build is simple. You want to camp a location while permanently stealthed, set up preparations, and wait for someone to walk into it. Unfortunately mounts made gimmicks like this a bit harder to pull off, but we just have to adapt to them. The ideal camping spot is a place that attracts roamers and forces them to dismount at a very specific location - such as a Sentry controlled by your realm!
- Be sure to proc and . Just kill something on bow then swap to D/P while still in combat, this should activate these two sigils. These two have no durations and remain active until consumed, boosting your spike damage.
- Once you've picked your spot, set up and .
- Leave the spot and hide somewhere where you can maintain vision of it. Do your permastealth rotation and wait.
- While stealthed, you're passively accumulating charges of through .
- next to a wall, preferably in a corner
- without a target to proc
- x4 while holding the right mouse button to make sure you keep facing the wall while doing the leaps
- to proc
- Repeat whenever you're near the initiative cap
- Note: once you get ahead in Stealth duration, you no longer have to incorporate stealing or healing into the rotation
- Once the target is where you want them to be, AND they've dismounted, spring the trap! Apply then activate and .
- Sometimes this is enough to get the kill, but if you want to make sure.. on them to proc then dodge for an proc. Reapply your preparations in the area then spam . Spring the preparations for a second burst the moment they are ready.
- Optional: should be used defensively most of the time as the build doesn't really have much else for sustain, but it could also be used in Choking Gas to stack dozens of stacks of Poison in AoE for more burst.