Berserker - GS Axe/Shield Roaming
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A WvW Roaming build focused on high damage and sustain. Your multiple stuns allow you to set up the burst damage, while a combination of Adrenal Health, Healing Signet, Lifesteal, and Rousing Resilience (if run) ensures your health stays topped up.
- Experimental, aggressive build focusing on using the newly buffed Axe 4 to gain quickness to land Axe Burst skills more easily.
- Rousing Resilience - Massively increased sustain, especially in conjunction with Savage Instinct, at the cost of adrenaline generation.
- Brawler's Recovery - Trade some DPS against Boon-heavy Classes for some additional condi cleanse. Not the most impactful but a viable option.
- Smash Brawler - Trade the stunbreak and cleanse for higher Berserk Mode uptime and higher spike damage due to more primal bursts within the duration of Berserk mode.
- Full Berserker is optimal, as this build has invulnerabilities, blocks and high sustain. Use Marauder pieces as needed to improve tankiness if necessary.
- Superior Rune of Durability(1): +25 Toughness (2): +5% Boon Duration (3): +50 Toughness (4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds) (5): +100 Toughness (6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality
- When closer, generally start fights with your Axe and Shield as it will give you the option to block/reflect ranged pressure.
- Against ranged opponents., open with Bladetrail and Rush to close gaps. Shield Bash and Throw Axe can also be used when closer.
- Crowd opponents in and keep them at close range rather than medium, as most of your high damaging skills are relatively short ranged.
- Try to set up your Eviscerate with your Shield Bash or Head Butt. Eviscerate is your single highest burst, but is easy to dodge. Hundred Blades substitutes for it when you're in Greatsword.
- If running dual axes, Axe 4 can give quickness for 100B or Decapitate. Alternatively, Axe 5 can obscure animations and make it harder to dodge an Axe Burst.
- Cyclone Axe procs 4s of Fury per target hit, and can hit up to 5 targets. Useful for keeping Fury up.
Mesmer condi stealth. Condi Thief sometimes.