Berserker - Greataxe
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A build with considerable Power based pressure backed by a bit of CC, good mobility, and solid sustain.
For the optional utility slot:
- Frenzy brings more burst and a stunbreaker to the table.
- Outrage if you're having some trouble with CCs, also useful for breaking the self stun of Head Butt.
- Balanced Stance can also be considered if CCs are too big of an issue.
- Destruction of the Empowered to increase variabily our damage, at cost of condition purging.
- Heightened Focus for some easy quickness to increase damage output
- Dead or Alive to gain a life saver every 30 secs. It'll cost you bit of damage though.
- Eternal Champion is a huge boost to your defensive capabilities while Berserk is active and has some synergy with Outrage when Berserk is not active.
- Superior Rune of Hoelbrak(1): +25 Power (2): +10% Might Duration (3): +50 Power (4): 25% chance when struck to gain might for 10 seconds. (Cooldown: 5s) (5): +100 Power (6): +20% Might Duration; -20% condition duration applied to you.
- Superior Rune of Strength(1): +25 Power (2): +10% Might Duration (3): +50 Power (4): 20% Might Duration (5): +100 Power (6): +20% Might Duration; +5% damage while under the effects of might.
- This build is based on CCing your foe with Shield Bash, Head Butt, or Bloody Roar in order to land Berserker burst skills and Hundred Blades.
- Start every fight on point with Axe/Shield, using
- Most of the damage in this build comes from Greatsword skills (which is even higher in Berserk). To instantly gain Berserk Mode, just
- Swap weapons a lot in order to build might stacks or to purge conditions if Brawler's Recovery has been picked up.
Disengage & Surviving
- CC breaking is a lifesaver. Combos like: Get stunned ⇒ Head Butt ⇒ Get stunned by Head Butt ⇒ CC break with Berserk=6k HP + 1000 toughness and the possibility to put some pressure on your foe with GS skills.
- Abuse Shield Stance. It is 3 seconds of protection from power based attacks, and you gain a might stack every time you block, and it reflects projectiles. Perfect against Rangers, Reapers in shroud and Pistol thieves.
- Condi clearing is hard on this build, but Berserker Stance will grant 9 secs of total immunity from conditions. There's also the possibility of using Healing Signet to gain the same effect for 6 seconds, but at cost the cost of hp regen. Note: Resistance can be corrupted.
- Remember that Defy Pain will proc at 50% hp and will also break stun.
- Whirlwind Attack can be used either offensively or defensively to escape or to evade attacks.
- Rush is a useful way to exit combat or to rotate.
- Rush, Whirlwind Attack, and Eviscerate (or Berserk version Decapitate will remove Immobilize due to Warrior's Sprint.
- Heavy Condition Pressure with boon removal.