Chronomancer - Boon Spam
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build uses shatter spam and Signet of Inspiration to provide incredible offensive (and some defensive) utility to small parties, including 100% Quickness/Might ~x20/Vigor uptime to 5 players, as well as 100% Stability uptime for anyone within radius 240.
- OH Shield for longer blocks that can absorb multiple strikes and interrupt (note that extra Quickness from Tides of Time is unnecessary for 100% uptime with this build).
- OH Pistol for ranged Phantasm and interrupt; Phantasm has a longer CD than OH sword.
- OH Focus for Swiftness and reflect; Phantasm has a longer CD than OH sword.
Utility Skill Variants
- Really anything you like - Well of Calamity for Cripple/Weakness, Well of Precognition for evade, Feedback for reflects, etc.
- However, avoid Phantasm utility skills, as you'll be shattering so often that they will be more or less useless; only caveat is if you're having trouble keeping Quickness up and need to shatter more often, but you should have more than enough illusion generation already to maintain Quickness.
Elite Skill Variants
- Gravity Well ⇒ for AoE control and/or break bars. The go-to for when you don't need additional Quickness.
- Time Warp ⇒ not necessary to maintain Quickness on a party of 5, but if you're applying boons to >5 people it's good for giving more people Quickness.
- Signet of Humility ⇒ for when you need periodic, instant break bar destruction (passive effect is largely redundant since you have permanent Stability).
- Mass Invisibility ⇒ for stealth.
- Use for 20% boon duration
- Use for 10% boon duration
- Opening rotation (equip GS prior to opener):
- Run into melee range
- Mirror Blade (for Might x6 from bouncing)
- Dodge (spawns clone)
- Phantasmal Berserker
- Mind Wrack
- Weapon swap
- From here, you want to remain in melee and use a priority system instead of a static rotation:
- Signet of Inspiration ⇒ only once you've generated Might x20-25 and 25-30 seconds of Quickness
- Mind Wrack  ⇒ should be on CD at ALL TIMES, as it applies 30sec of Might x3 per use!
- Mirror Blade (use in melee following a shatter to get Might x6 from bounces)
- Cry of Frustration 
- Tides of Time
- Well of Action
- Well of Recall
- Time Warp
- Distortion 
- Well of Eternity
- Phantasmal Berserker (for damage and Phantasm)
- Blurred Frenzy (for damage)
 USING SHATTERS
- Use Mind Wrack as soon as it comes off of CD (but try to have at least two illusions out)
- Ensure you have three illusions first for all other shatters (Cry of Frustration/Diversion/Distortion).
- Generation of illusions also follows a priority system:
- Mirror Blade ⇒ use in melee range following a shatter for Might x6.
- Dodge for clones
- Weapon swap (for extra Endurance)
- Illusionary Leap
- Phantasmal Swordsman
- Phantasmal Berserker
- You only need to shatter often enough to maintain Quickness; otherwise ensure Signet of Inspiration and your wells stay on CD.
- Each illusion you shatter grants you 2 seconds of Quickness; in order to maintain Quickness, you have to shatter three illusions every 5-6 seconds.
CONTINUUM SPLIT ⇒ it's best to use this just as your long-CD abilities come off of their CDs, for example:
- Time Warp
- Well of Recall
- Well of Action
- Well of Precognition
- You can also use it in combination with Signet of Inspiration for faster Might stacking.
- Use Signet of Inspiration after 5-10 secs of combat, then keep it on CD (highest priority!!)
- Prioritize shatters in the order Mind Wrack ⇒ Cry of Frustration ⇒ Diversion ⇒ Distortion
- Use GS skills 2 (just after shattering if possible for Might) and 4 as well as Sword skills 3 and 5 to spawn illusions
- Try to have illusions out when using Mind Wrack, but keep it on CD at all times; for other shatters, only use with three illusions out
- Dodge spawns a clone as well; weapon swap as soon as it comes up for an extra dodge ⇒ clone
- Use Continuum Split when a few of your long-CD abilities are off CD, or for double Signet of Inspiration to double boon stack size/duration
- Utilized properly, this build is capable of the following (after a short 5-10 sec 'wind up' period):
- Over 100% Quickness uptime for 5 players (including the Mesmer)
- Over 100% personal Alacrity uptime ⇒ effectively reduces all CDs by ~40%
- 100% Stability uptime for ALL players within range 240 of your character
- 100% uptime of ~20 might stacks for 5 players (including the Mesmer)
- 100% Vigor uptime for 5 players (including the Mesmer)
- 100% Regeneration and 40% Protection uptime when the Mesmer is <75% HP.
- 100% Fury uptime when striking a target <75% HP.
- Constant dodging means you take minimal damage
- Significant (~42%) Alacrity uptime for allies assuming they stand in your wells; translates to approximately 25% shorter CDs for them
- Awful personal DPS due to minimal Phantasm use, constant dodging, and having to continuously keep low-damage skills on CD.
- Because of its reliance on wells, this build can be somewhat difficult to use in environments which require lots of movement.
- Somewhat mitigated by Quickness, which makes wells pulse and end faster.
- Boons limited to 5 players
- But theoretically, with a 1:4 ratio of Mesmers:players running this build in your party/raid/whatever, all members could have perma-quickness/stability/vigor/might.
- This build achieves 100% increased boon duration by the following:
- Superior Rune of Leadership (+30%)
- Chaotic Persistence (+12%)
- Might (Bountiful Disillusionment + Sigil of Might)
- Stability (Bountiful Disillusionment)
- Vigor (Critical Infusion)
- Bountiful Sharpening Stone (+10%)
- Bowl of Nepalitas Saute (+20%)
- Concentration (28% at 420 Concentration)
- If running with a Revenant with the boon duration trait (+15%) drop some Commander's gear for Assassin's instead (only need 195 Concentration when running w/Revenant).
- GEAR: I made this build on the assumption of Exotics only, as I wanted it to be as accessible as possible.
- If using Ascended, just stack Concentration up until 420 (unless running w/Rev as stated above), then Precision until 100% crit chance (accounting for boons/other external effects), then Power/Ferocity.
- Deceptive Evasion is extremely important to this build; when combined with Critical Infusion, it allows you to generate illusions and shatter them fast enough to provide permanent Quickness and Might to yourself, which you spread to allies via Signet Passive: Grants swiftness and an additional random boon every ten seconds.
Signet Active: Copy all of your boons to nearby allies.
- Sigils of Energy allow for greater clone generation to meet the demand of keeping all shatter abilities on CD.
- See GW2skills detailed build ⇒ 
- What is the range of Signet of Inspiration? (i.e. how close do allies need to be to receive your boons?)