Chronomancer - Burden Shatter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Chronomancer build which injects some phantasm focus into the shatter playstyle.
For the optional slot:
- - damage, boon removal, and synergy with traits.
- - mobility and stun breaking.
- - stealth and stun breaking.
Inspiration can be replaced by Illusions for more damage:
If you opt for this trait line then take
- will lower your damage, but improves your Quickness uptime significantly (when using the Illusions line)
- Use for mobility while traveling between capture points. Phase Retreat teleports you in the opposite direction of where you're facing, so to teleport "forward" turn around to use it and then turn back. We recommend you set up a bind for about face to do this in a fluid manner (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). Make sure you don't have an enemy targeted while using thisskill for movement purposes.
- Phantasms respawn for a second attack.
- The main source of damage will come from . One use of this skill will grant 4 phantasms in total: 2 because of Can't find such trait "Imagined Burden"! Please refer to our trait index, and then again from .
- Phantasms will passively stack Might for you through .
- Note Phantasms are not affected by Might that is applied to them. They are, however, affected by might which is applied to the caster, meaning that as long as the mesmer has might, their phantasms will hit harder as well.
- Use to set up burst with Vulnerability stacking.
- Summoning a phantasm transfers one condition to it from yourself.
- Signets grant and cleanse a condition, which makes an even stronger defensive cooldown.
- Avoid melee range whenever possible, only go in for shatters.
- Shatters remove conditions and heal you.
- Gaining puts Aegis on allies near you.
- is the strongest mobility skill in the game. Its range is big enough to reach between capture points on most maps, and can be used by allies too. How you use it depends entirely on your creativity! A few starting points:
- Drop a portal on a capture point you've just won and move on. Come back with if you need to defend it. Alternatively, drop a portal if you're losing the fight and move on. Now your enemy is forced to either afk on the point or hand you a free decap as you can just come back after they had left.
- If your team is losing a fight, cut your losses by making your team escape through an already deployed portal, potentially steamrolling another capture point by outnumbering your enemy there.
- Use the portal on the brink of death and go through to safety.
- Open your portal, start finishing off the target immediately, take the portal, then take the portal again near the end of the animation. Gfycat: Portal Stomp
- Staff is what you use for sustain, ranged poking, and mobility.
- is a great defensive tool against direct damage, mainly because of Weakness and Protection. Note: this skill can be used while stunned.
- is the strongest skill on this weapon. Standing in it supplies allies with defensive boons including Aegis while inflicting several conditions that can mitigate damage like Weakness or Chill (Chill makes it harder to reach you while slowing down their skill recharge rate), it even has a chance to CC them with Daze. Excellent skill to use when you need area denial for downed cleave, sustain, and other such scenarios.
- is good for building some distance between you and your target, and can even be used while stunned, potentially allowing you to save dodges for later.
- If used in PR grants . Keep in mind that this doesn't stack in duration, so try not to overlap Chaos Armors.
- summons 2 Phantasms, each periodically stacking Vulnerability on your target, which is useful for setting up burst. After the attack they'll turn into cones, potentially fueling shatters.
- Try to stand close to your target for maximum shatter damage.
- Use and as your clone appears, immediately followed by a .
- If your enemy's trying to heal after your burst, use to interrupt it.
- allows you to use your skills twice. This is best used for and .
- Even though your HP will reset after CS ends thus reverting any damage/healing received, it's possible to gain healing from the final pulse of if that occurs after CS ends.