Chronomancer - Burst Shatter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
This build gives you a huge spike damage and at the same time high survivability if you play your skills well. It's optimal for small scale roaming.
- Mantra of Recovery if you are running the Inspiration variant, you get the most use out of the mantra heal with it's Restorative Mantras and Mender's Purity synergy.
- Well of Eternity for condi cleanse without having to trait or use mantras.
- Mantra of Resolve for condi cleanse when not running the Inspiration trait line.
- Mantra of Pain for more burst damage.
- Mirror Images Used back in the days, still useful for more burst (use right before Mindwrack) and also adds a stun break.
- Gravity Well useful for group play. It can also be useful when playing outnumbered but is more situational than Mass Invisibility 's escape utility.
- Power Block is best used with a shield.
Replace Dueling with Inspiration for more sustain and condi cleanse. Better against condi-based builds:
Stats Any mix of Marauder's or Berserker's should suffice, Marauder's will cost you some burst but give you more survivability and is recommended for players less comfortable with the glassy high risk/high reward of this build. It is entirely possible to run full Berserker's but you will be weaker and require more awareness and good reflexes.
- Scoop of Mintberry Swirl Ice Cream Adds some lifesteal.
Utility afford a small increase to power, precision, or condition damage.
- Cry of Frustration is mainly for boon stripping in this build.
Setting up your burst
- Dazing and interrupting foes applies Vulnerability - this makes Diversion even stronger. Learn to set up a Diversion chain:
- You can set up burst by building up 20-25 stacks of Vulnerability on your target (at the price of wasting a very strong CC). To unleash Diversion's full potential, always try to position your clones in a way that they don't hit your target at the same time - Vulnerability can stack, but Daze cannot stack - however you can land multiple consecutive dazes if you do it right.
- Blurred Frenzy isn't only for dealing damage - it's your second, short CD Distortion which can be handy when you are expecting a burst but ran out of dodges.
- The chain skill of Illusionary Leap, Swap is one of your key skills. You can Immobilize the target so he can't dodge your burst - the shorter version is simply using the Swap ⇒ Blurred Frenzy ⇒ Mind Wrack combo. But you can also switch weapons after the Immob to Greatsword and land a much more significant burst.
- Stand close to your target for max damage and have at least 2 clones up (also near to your opponent - it's enough if you have 2 clones because Mirror Blade will summon a clone anyways).
- Use Mirror Blade and Mind Wrack simultaneously, immediately followed by a Mind Stab.
- If your enemy's trying to heal after your burst, use Illusionary Wave to interrupt it.
- Use Phantasmal Berserker before or after the burst, it's up to you.
- Heavy Condition pressure when not running Inspiration.
- Very glassy.
- YouTube: Guild Wars 2 Epic Mesmer WvW Montage Vol.16 "new patch"
- YouTube: Cormix