Chronomancer - Disenchanter
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
A PvP Chronobunker build which supports the team through boons and sets up kills with CC chains.
For the optional slot:
- Phantasmal Defender - damage, CC, and synergy with several traits.
- Signet of Inspiration - more boons and group utility.
- Well of Recall - better Alacrity uptime.
- Stall fights and set up kills for your team with CCs and boon removal.
- Shatters heal, remove conditions, grant Stability, Alacrity, plus one other boon depending on the shatter used (see Bountiful Disillusionment for more details).
- Blink is the only stun breaker in the build by default, you'll rely on maintaining Stability or avoiding attacks through blocks, evasion, and Distortion. If you get CC'd bail out with Phase Retreat or Distortion. Chaos Armor's Protection can also help to mitigate the pressure.
- Use Phase Retreat to make travel easier between points, and not just vertically. We recommend that you set up a bind for about face (Options ⇒ Control Options ⇒ Movement). With it you can make the skill teleport you "forward" (assuming you're not targeting an enemy player) by using about face ⇒ Phase Retreat ⇒ about face. The quicker you do it, the better.
- Mind Wrack should be used on CD for its Alacrity while out of combat, preferably after you used Phase Retreat for movement. Alacrity will make your skills recharge a bit faster, making the travel time with PR shorter while recovering other CDs as well.
- Shatters will primarily be used for defensive means: cleansing, healing, and boon application.
- The general playstyle of the build revolves around 2 things - spamming Phantasms on CD, and not dying.
- Signet of the Ether reduces the recharge of all Phantasms skills by 50% of their base CD - for example a skill with 30s recharge will always receive a 15s CD reduction.
- Chronophantasma makes your Phantasms respawn after their initial attack.
- Sympathetic Visage will be your primary source of cleansing, transferring one condition to a Phantasm upon being summoned. Phantasmal Warlock will cleanse 2 conditions as it summons 2 Phantasms.
- Note: Blindness cannot be transferred this way, instead the Phantasm summoning skill will go on full CD without doing anything. To avoid that, either use a non-essential shatter skill like Cry of Frustration to get rid of this condition, or stow your weapon while casting the skill in order to cancel it.
- Phantasmal Disenchanter is your strongest Phantasm, make sure that it lands its attack - Immobilize targets with Swap or stun them with Tides of Time. It's also the only unblockable skill in the build.
- If taken Illusionary Defense together with Protection should make you rather durable against Power based attacks.
- Couple of things about Echo of Memory worth mentioning:
- Always try to get hit by something, else you won't be able to use its chain skills ( Deja Vu, which is basically a copy of it).
- It can be dodged. If the target evades at the last moment of the block, the Phantasm won't be summoned at all (same goes for Deja Vu). This is especially important in mirror matches, the Chronomancer who dodges these more tends to win.
- Make sure to have Stability from shatters while channeling shield blocks against targets with unblockable CCs (like Spellbreakers), don't take chances!
Continuum Split (CS)
- Continuum Split allows you to use your skills twice. This skill also grants a few seconds of Resistance, you can consider using CS for that in some extreme cases where youreally need to survive and there's no other way around it.
- It's best used for double elite activation. Activate CS just before Gravity Well finishes casting, then unload as many shatters/Phantasms and skills in general as you possibly can while CS is active.
- Important: CS prevents capture point contribution, same as Distortion. If you're the only one holding a point, try to keep the time spent in CS to the bare minimum.
- Phantasms, Wells, and applied boons will still persist after CS ends.