Chronomancer - Glamour
Note: Please note that builds will default to plain icons, these may not be as accurate. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Glamour Chrono is a self-sufficient, offensive frontline support that helps its team with strong offensive utility in the form of boonrip and CC as well as high Resistance application.
- In general, drop Mimic to add a different utility. With multiple mesmers available to stomp, dropping Blink on some is also an option.
- Mantra of Concentration when additional Stability is needed, such as a party with one or no guardians.
- Veil for stealth access
- Gravity Well Extremely strong AoE CC with a much shorter CD than Time Warp. Combos well with Winds of Disenchantment
- Time Warp Glamour skill that can hit 10 friendlies, giving Resistance and Quickness. Pulses Slow on enemies.
- Can't find such trait "Mirror of Anguish"! Please refer to our trait index If not using Staff.
- All's Well That Ends Well Both of your adept traits are about equally useful, personal preference.
- Activate Continuum Split at the end of the cast time of a skill, rather than before casting, to fit more skills inside the split window.
- Try to split your longer cooldown abilities so you get more usage, generally the elite, Null Field and Can't find such trait "Mimic"! Please refer to our trait index.
- Shatter skills can be used inside Continuum Split without disrupting the use of other skills
- Consider usage of Time Warp without Continuum Split carefully, unless the skill will make a decisive impact on the fight it is often better to wait and use it inside split for the shorter cooldown. Do not to hesitate to use it when it will have a decisive impact though - it is a very powerful skill.
- All of your shatters give a stack of Stability, don't be afraid to use them just to keep yourself safe.
- Don't feel the need to max illusions before shattering, it is perfectly acceptable to shatter with one or no illusions out.
- Try to land Well of Eternity in places where the last tick will be able to heal your frontline such as regroups or while cleaving downs. Be careful not to obstruct Water Fields with it however.
- Start in Sword/Shield
- Tides of Time
- Illusionary Leap
- Weapon Swap to proc
- Phantasmal Warlock
- Elite skill.
- In the aftercast of your elite skill, use Continuum Split. If executed correctly your elite will be off cooldown when you leave split. If you are having trouble with this due to ping or other factors, use your split just before the cast finishes instead.
- Null Field
- Well of Eternity
- Continuum Split ends
- Null Field
- Null Field
- Null Field
- During steps 8-10 you should cast all of your shatter skills (other than Continuum Split), if you have difficulty using all of them, make sure to at least use Distortion.
- Blurred Frenzy is your second, short CD Distortion which can be handy when you are expecting a burst but ran out of dodges.
- Use the chain skill of Illusionary Leap, Swap to lock down focus targets for your group. Be careful of it putting you in a bad position however, be ready to dodge quickly after casting or in some situations ignore the skill.
- Don't be afraid to hold on to Deja Vu if it isn't immediately needed, you have 10 seconds until the buff expires.
- Tides of Time has no target cap and hits both allies and enemies.
- Make use of the About Face keybinding to Phase Retreat forwards quickly.
- Chaos Storm's Ethereal Field is powerful at the beginning of fights, but be careful not to disrupt Water Fields later on.
- Chaos Storm can be used on downed players to fish for interrupts on stomps and rezzes.
- Phase Retreat can be combined with Blink to safely finish downed players. Use Phase Retreat after starting the stomp then just before the cast time finishes use Blink to move back to the downed player.